The mkiv Supra Owners Club

You have been asking for a picture of fast as a glaciers car.

Guest Fast as a glacier

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was one of the warmest days of the year last year when I sprayed it.

To answer your question I just left it to cure in the garage for about a week before i went any were near it.

I was quoted £1750 for a full respray and I figured that I could buy alot of paint for £1750

I could of done it wrong and rubbed it down 17 times lol

Ah, I see.

The reason I was asking is because you know where the passenger door is, you can see the paint work being patchy? A friend of mine had a similar finish on his car after he sprayed it without putting it in one of them paint bakes thingy's the sprayers have. It was also a hot day when he did it but I think the difference is the heat in the oven is like a dry heat? And the heat outside is humid like? I know you have sprayed it now, but just for further reference incase you spray it again :)

Guest Fast as a glacier
Ah, I see.

The reason I was asking is because you know where the passenger door is, you can see the paint work being patchy? A friend of mine had a similar finish on his car after he sprayed it without putting it in one of them paint bakes thingy's the sprayers have. It was also a hot day when he did it but I think the difference is the heat in the oven is like a dry heat? And the heat outside is humid like? I know you have sprayed it now, but just for further reference incase you spray it again :)

I know what to do but its just the pennies pal.. i got two kids so 3 litres of paint wasn't expensive, I noticed there wasn't enough paint on the door immediately after i pulled it out the garage but that is the only scabby part really.. I think i did a good job for a joiner lol.. My son is obsessed with the fast and furious films..I did it for him really

I know it isnt an exact replica but im happy if he's happy.. I tell you what the heads that turn is insane..There are gonna be haters on here that destroy me and some comments are my kind of sarcastic humor.. Thanks for the advise pal :)

I know what to do but its just the pennies pal.. i got two kids so 3 litres of paint wasn't expensive, I noticed there wasn't enough paint on the door immediately after i pulled it out the garage but that is the only scabby part really.. I think i did a good job for a joiner lol.. My son is obsessed with the fast and furious films..I did it for him really

I know it isnt an exact replica but im happy if he's happy.. I tell you what the heads that turn is insane..There are gonna be haters on here that destroy me and some comments are my kind of sarcastic humor.. Thanks for the advise pal :)

I actually think it's a good thing someone tries to do this himself, i would be way happier with a job not perfectly done for 50£ than spending 2000£ or more on a professional respray. I have been thinking of doing this myself too, what is there to lose? And why would someone pay 2000+£ on a respray for an auto supra that is 15 years old and not even worth 2000£. Ok you could have at least prepared the car a little bit conserning the lights and masking the exhaust etc but the idea of spraying the car evey year in a different colour is an idea i like :) And it's nice you did this for your son.

But honestly dude...go take a class of photoshooting....or better, next time let your kid take the pictures.

Guest Fast as a glacier

Lol I'm that bad at taking photos that i went on holiday for 2 weeks came back, had them developed and all the pictures were of my left eye! lmao

Guest Fast as a glacier
I like that. Black and orange just goes doesnt it :)

Cheers Bob.. Looking at yours reminds me of what mine looked like last year but i sprayed it for my son cos he is Crackers about fast and furious..Thankyou. :)