tooquicktostop

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:thumbs: More pics! :)

I am there tomorrow and will get some pictures, I think Dave has been so busy he has just cracked on with it. The second turbo did not look too bad once off, full of oil though

The decat had a very very crude bung wedge in it as some kind of restrictor which was odd

The driver side caliper was seized and disc was shot as a result

Its fun doing them up though, although I have done 2k already !!

Painting the engine bay? may aswell order that single kit if you are going this far.

Has a small oil leak from a gearbox seal, Dave said the tubbies were a pig to get out in situ so pulled the engine as it will be easier to get the new stuff on

I will paint the engine bay, clean up the engine and do valve stem seal while it's out

The engine will also get whifbitz cam pulleys and polished intake etc

Has a small oil leak from a gearbox seal, Dave said the tubbies were a pig to get out in situ so pulled the engine as it will be easier to get the new stuff on

I will paint the engine bay, clean up the engine and do valve stem seal while it's out

The engine will also get whifbitz cam pulleys and polished intake etc

Sounds good, hope he got some car and bay shots before he started, would make very cool before and after pictures at the end.

Just spat my coffee out when reading that. Have I really got to take pictures as well do the work? I thought I was out of all this but you lot always pull me back in :0)

Always happy to choke Dave! Now come on get the pics up... No pressure :D

Been a hour or so with Dave this morning,its the first time I have seen the car so it was a bit of a look and see visit. Have a good idea on what I want to do now, and Dave is starting to receive the parts I have been buying over the last week

Dave is going to give the engine a good work over the refresh and this is really the aim of the project, just to refresh the car and make it good and strong with full BPU power

The engine will have the valve stem seals done, starter contacts, polished intake and throttle body with new gaskets, in fact we are changing a lot of gaskets and rusty nuts and bolts, there is a set of Whifbitz cam gears going in with a new cam belt

New fluids all round including V160 gear oil and Titan fully synthetic engine oil

The turbo pipes (I have a spare set now) will be cleaned and coated in black, the whole bay will be on a Black, Shiny and blue theme

The new discs are on the way, Calipers will be refurbed and painted gold with Supra decals, the entire underneath will get a clean up

The wheels will be fully refurbed with silk black inners and polished lip, the Allan key studs replaced, these are a nice fit for the car

The new FMIC will have blue silicon so will keep this theme with silicone pipes to HKS BOV, the Whifbitz catch can is powdercoated in black and will have braided lines

Still need a set of front seats, not sure on the style yet, I also fancy a set of polished/anodised pulleys and a TRD rear spoiler

some pics from today

Been a hour or so with Dave this morning,its the first time I have seen the car so it was a bit of a look and see visit. Have a good idea on what I want to do now, and Dave is starting to receive the parts I have been buying over the last week

Dave is going to give the engine a good work over the refresh and this is really the aim of the project, just to refresh the car and make it good and strong with full BPU power

The engine will have the valve stem seals done, starter contacts, polished intake and throttle body with new gaskets, in fact we are changing a lot of gaskets and rusty nuts and bolts, there is a set of Whifbitz cam gears going in with a new cam belt

New fluids all round including V160 gear oil and Titan fully synthetic engine oil

The turbo pipes (I have a spare set now) will be cleaned and coated in black, the whole bay will be on a Black, Shiny and blue theme

The new discs are on the way, Calipers will be refurbed and painted gold with Supra decals, the entire underneath will get a clean up

The wheels will be fully refurbed with silk black inners and polished lip, the Allan key studs replaced, these are a nice fit for the car

The new FMIC will have blue silicon so will keep this theme with silicone pipes to HKS BOV, the Whifbitz catch can is powdercoated in black and will have braided lines

Still need a set of front seats, not sure on the style yet, I also fancy a set of polished/anodised pulleys and a TRD rear spoiler

Very jealous, sounds like everything I would have liked for the old girl. :)