The mkiv Supra Owners Club

highest milage supra on the club

mellonman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not kms buddy, were uk we do everything in miles, this sup from 94/95 if i remmeber correctly had done almost half a million miles. also his 2 daughters learnt to drive in the sup! hahahahaha brave guy honestly

Yeah, I know that, but I dont remember, and now when I know your odo system, Half a million of miles its crazy...

im not even sure if low milage on a old car is a good thing, if its just sat there months at a time and only doing a couple of miles around town things are not kept so free and things can start to rust and bind, petrol and oils and other fluids go bad.

i could be talking rubish though just to justify my high milage :p

im not even sure if low milage on a old car is a good thing, if its just sat there months at a time and only doing a couple of miles around town things are not kept so free and things can start to rust and bind, petrol and oils and other fluids go bad.

i could be talking rubish though just to justify my high milage :p

I somewhat agree with this...

I'm sure some of the troubles I've had with mine (sticky calipers etc) are because it doesn't move for 6 months of the year.

Come one people more information on these UK specs :D if you can remember any reg numbers pm me or as always you can do it yourself by posting in the thread below in my sig.

Bought mine with 68000 has just ticked over 73000 all verified with past mot's and service history (which I rang up and checked with the Toyota).

I do over 50k miles a year across my fleet of vehicles. Its not the miles that kill a car its the servicing intervals and how you look after it that dictates a machines life. Buses for instance routinely do a million miles. Yes time based items will require replacing but there is no reason why a properly and thoroughly maintained vehicle won't go on for donkeys years. FWIW I drove a rover 200 turbo deisel that already had 125k miles on it for 45k miles without so much as an oil change and it is actually some 30k miles later still going strong on its original engine and turbo!!!

• 4 weeks later...

My Supra just passed it's MOT Friday with 90288 miles/km combined. Best estimate is around 60k miles from km at time of UK speedo conversion I think. These engines will last indefinitely if properly maintained with regular oil changes and fully synthetic like Mobil 1.

Dirty oil acts like a grinding paste, initially a good thing while breaking an engine in but after peak horsepower is reached, onto the slippery stuff to maintain it.