Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest horny_devil

if im not wrong, baldy removed the bonnet hooks from another bonnet and put them onto yours, right? i visited him a few weeks ago and i remember seeing your bonnet there and that's what he told me about it!

are you sure that bonnet is straight? i would put it side by side to a stock bonnet and see if it's out of shape? was the previous bonnet fitting olrite?

2k's alot of cash to spend when it didnt fit in the first place.

You took the trumpet off the Turbo??

never gave £2k for bonnet but thats a near figure when its all painted ect. No its not touching nothing else under the bonnet, but i dont have much left now to remove. Its a joke all this, i might just bite the bullet and swollow my loss, its the first time in this build i have fooked up with exspense and im gutted.

I put the stock bonnet back on for now and crack on to get the car running.

if im not wrong, baldy removed the bonnet hooks from another bonnet and put them onto yours, right? i visited him a few weeks ago and i remember seeing your bonnet there and that's what he told me about it!

are you sure that bonnet is straight? i would put it side by side to a stock bonnet and see if it's out of shape? was the previous bonnet fitting olrite?

Im going to try it tomorrow too, as it will confirm if the mould is warped but all my problems are identical to the overseas members and they got exchanged bonnets but obviousy they wont do that for me as i never bought from them direct

Gutted for you mate, been watching this build for a while and is gutting to see something like this crop up. Just been looking through some pictures i took at Santa Pod though, and looks like this car has the same bonnet, but with stock wings. Picture was taken in the club stand so hopefully someone knows whos car it is and you might get some answers.

Good Luck

And another

Edited by SupraD06 (see edit history)

do you have a stock bonnet to try and see if its the same issue? just to see that its not the bonnet it self that is wraped or just a really bad fit?

stock bonnet will be perfect i could even have a strutbrace.

I think its a crap made product made by such a big tuning company, im not alone by reading through threads and its really bad. i have seen cheap badly made copies fit better lol.

Persevere bud, I think it's the top of the pile as far as aftermarket bonnets go and it'll be worth the stress when you get it sorted. Forget about it for today and go back with fresh eyes tomorrow and maybe it'll be easier to solve. Have you tried it on another supra to see if it does the same? Would rule out the idea that you're engines sitting too high