The mkiv Supra Owners Club

do-luck bonnet HELL

Rob_Mitchell

Something isn't right there then. Surely it fits with a stock spark plug cover on?

Do you have a phone with LED video recording? Ie, can you have the flash on while recording? If so, stick your phone to record, put it an area of space pointing to where you think it is catching and then see what you get on video.

If it doesn't have an LED facility, stick a light in with it (but behind it).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My bonnet was badly damaed but baldy fixed it up, it was never going to sit as well as it used to after it had been split. Mine rubs against the edge of the front of the engine cover, I have put a small pad on the underside of the bonnet to stop it getting damaged. I might sell it at some point and get a stock one with vents or something, but if thats where it rubs on mine then it's a good chance yours is the same, worth checking.

Engine mounts are spot on mate. they have E & I stamped on them so even Josh would get that one right.

The spark plug cover and rad cap dilema aint a problem ill just shave the underneath of the bonnet in the areas. Its still sitting high in the centre parts of the wing gap, i have a strong feeling its a mould fault, the only thing i can think of is to relief the stress with a cut and push down on that area to get it correct and somehow re-fibreglass it.

You wouldnt have exspected this for a so called genuine item. im absoultely livid and shocked at the fitment quality.

I know how you feel mate... During my build I lost it many times due to stress to things going wrongnwith the build ..I was either going to sell it or drive the thing into a wall... My Do-Luck front bumper was not a great fit, even though the thing costs £800 at the time

Sounds like you need a break from it and have some fresh eyes on it tomorrow mate.. Don't want to stress you out any more but did you test fit it before you sent it away when the engine was out ?

It's all worth it in the end mate

Na i layed it on and instantly knew the strutbrace had to go, so i sold that. I assumed it would be perfect considering the money they cost and the money i gave. My bumper is genuine and had no problems really.

Need a fresh start in the morning but i think cutting it is the only way and im confident now i have worked it out in my head

Actually read something about these on supraforums. Here's a link http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?536302-My-Do-Luck-Hood Some people had to drop the engine a few mm..

Sounds like i have the same problems as they have.. bloody typical and just my luck, I have no chance of a refund though as i got mine in a private sale

Sounds like i have the same problems as they have.. bloody typical and just my luck, I have no chance of a refund though as i got mine in a private sale

Never say never. I would get in touch with them and see what they say, no harm in asking.

Even if they let you know what the issue was you could maybe try to rectify it.

Never say never. I would get in touch with them and see what they say, no harm in asking.

Even if they let you know what the issue was you could maybe try to rectify it.

Im gutted dude my luck is awful. I would have no idea who to contact about this, the bad thing about it is a have spent out alot of money to repair the weak points in the first place...

Im gutted dude my luck is awful. I would have no idea who to contact about this, the bad thing about it is a have spent out alot of money to repair the weak points in the first place...

The go-to guy in that thread was Dusty. He's quite a nice helpful fella so he might either contact for you or maybe pass the contact details onto yourself.

It's always worth a shot :)

The go-to guy in that thread was Dusty. He's quite a nice helpful fella so he might either contact for you or maybe pass the contact details onto yourself.

It's always worth a shot :)

I bumped the thread Scott, fingers crossed i can get a answer... I have so much on my mind with other REAL LIFE problems, i was really excited to get this bonnet on today but now this has backfired on me.