The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VERY EXCITED - Ordered my new 135i (3 litre Twin Turbo) M-Sport Coupe today!

Sheefa

Can't wait!!! :D

Was gutted about my ST being stolen and thought about another Supra but after weighing up the running costs and maintenance of one, this as my new Company Car should give me the fix I need!!

306bhp; 0-60 in 5 secs flat, peak torque of 295 lb-ft and 155mph limited. A serious M3 V8 contender! All for £34,000 with the options. Mmmm. Ordered in the Pacific Blue.

Should be delivered in 10-12 weeks so will be getting a track day booked!

Greg

Might not be as 'good' as the M3 and I'm not doubting it, but bang for buck on performance I quote Evo Magazine Test and stats:

"The six-cylinder produces the same 295lb ft of torque as the V8 in the M3, but while the M-car peaks at 3900rpm, the 135i maintains maximum torque from 1300 to 5000rpm. Combined with a 100kg weight advantage, it’s not surprising that the 135i’s 0-62mph time of 5.3sec is just half a second behind the M3’s. BMW’s 4th-gear 50-75mph figures show the 135i closer still, with a time of 5.0sec to the M3’s 4.9. A basic price of £29,745 doesn’t exactly make the 135i a champion of the proletariat, but ‘The People’s M3’ has a nice ring to it nonetheless. "

With a little tuning and P-torque remaps are available you can happily achieve 350bhp out of these units and mass amounts of torque.

There is a Top Gear Australia video of a little play between the 135i, the 335i and the M3 and the M3 simply cannot shake the 1 series. I've seen a video too where an M3 was blown away at 70+ leptons by hthe 135i in near standard format bar a CAT removal and free flowing back exhaust.

Going for the Pacific Blue Colour which I think isn't too OTT and should be easier to keep clean!

Cheers.

I was looking at the 123d Coupe which has 201 bhp as standard (0-60 in 7 secs flat) and a HUGE 400lb-ft of torque. With a P-torque remap you could bring the BHP up to 249, the torque past 440 and the 0-60 down to 5.8 secs all in a 2litre twin turbo DIESEL!!! Absolute genius engineering.

Might not be as 'good' as the M3 and I'm not doubting it, but bang for buck on performance I quote Evo Magazine Test and stats:

"The six-cylinder produces the same 295lb ft of torque as the V8 in the M3, but while the M-car peaks at 3900rpm, the 135i maintains maximum torque from 1300 to 5000rpm. Combined with a 100kg weight advantage, it’s not surprising that the 135i’s 0-62mph time of 5.3sec is just half a second behind the M3’s. BMW’s 4th-gear 50-75mph figures show the 135i closer still, with a time of 5.0sec to the M3’s 4.9. A basic price of £29,745 doesn’t exactly make the 135i a champion of the proletariat, but ‘The People’s M3’ has a nice ring to it nonetheless. "

With a little tuning and P-torque remaps are available you can happily achieve 350bhp out of these units and mass amounts of torque.

There is a Top Gear Australia video of a little play between the 135i, the 335i and the M3 and the M3 simply cannot shake the 1 series. I've seen a video too where an M3 was blown away at 70+ leptons by hthe 135i in near standard format bar a CAT removal and free flowing back exhaust.

Going for the Pacific Blue Colour which I think isn't too OTT and should be easier to keep clean!

Cheers.

I was talking about the 1-Series M Coupe mate, not your car. Very different beast.

Even more impressive stats!!!!

The Numbers Tell the Story

The 2009 BMW 135i coupe gets to 100 kph (62 mph) in just 5.3 seconds and the standing kilometer (fast becoming a standard performance benchmark among Europe's more sporting carmakers) in 24.6 seconds. To give this speed some perspective, the new 2008 BMW M3 is just 0.5 second and 1.3 seconds quicker to the same marks respectively. Even more important, this 135i coupe will rip from 50-75 mph in 4th gear in just 5.0 seconds — just 0.1 second slower than the latest M-car.

I know mate. :)

I was responding to Ricky49's post querying about whether this is really an M3 contender - the stats above speak for themselves Ricky. ;)

As a tuner car maybe, but you'll have to spend a fair whack on suspension etc for them to be the same in a proper track environment. That said, I absolutely LOVE the engine in yours. It's an absolute corker of a lump. Buy it and tune it :)

And what car might this be?

Audi TTS 2.0TFSI (the block is slightly reinforced compared to the normal 2.0). Supporting mods (catback + filter + exhaust) will push the car to around 312bhp region which feels quick enough for me. Stage2 (fuel pumps + more aggresive remap + turbo back) with see almost 350bhp). Some people go totally mental with a Stage3 (turbos...) and claim to get 400/400.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Summary.aspx?model=1502

It's fun little car but of course the noise the 4 pot makes can't be compared to the straight 6 ...