Shakespeare Drag RWYB Warwick - 15th/16th October -

scotty71

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry that you boys couldnt get great times, im at home and had the turbos off and the twins was so upset with getting killed by jamie they spat there dummy out have a look at this for a blown 2nd turbo.the first one didnt like the oil coming back round as well.

Sorry to hear of this. Sucks you couldn't make it, but at least the turbos died trying to keep up with a great car :D

As everyone else has said was a good a day and good seeing you guys again when we eventually arrived after a slight 60 mile detour in the wrong direction :innocent:

Cheers for letting us store my expensives in your boot Dnk, much appreciated :thumbs: Would of thrown it all in scottys van if he had bothered to show :D

sorry that you boys couldnt get great times, im at home and had the turbos off and the twins was so upset with getting killed by jamie they spat there dummy out have a look at this for a blown 2nd turbo.the first one didnt like the oil coming back round as well.

Im not a turbo expert, but that third picture looks like DET ate the blades, what EGTs did you hit? Are the rest of the internals still okay?

Big thanks to m_life for sorting my car in record quick time and a massive thanks to Dunk for letting us store some bits in your car, top man.

Was nice to meet everyone and finally put faces to names.

I found it so slippy today but I managed a 2.4 60ft and a 14.5@97 which puts me in 3rd now for the N/As, I think my problem is the tyres as I was sideways when changing into 2nd, just couldn't get traction, I am 99% confident with better tyres I could dip into the 13s.

Roll on next year, again was so nice to meet everyone :)

Im not a turbo expert, but that third picture looks like DET ate the blades, what EGTs did you hit? Are the rest of the internals still okay?

would det make it all the way back to the turbos? dont have a clue about internal condition at the moment, will have to do a leak down test, and maybe get a bore scope to have a look, i dont have a egt guage so not sure on temps.

Im home now, traction was so bad i never bothered to run again, nice see you guys, happy with my terminals and just looking through my videos now.

How come the traction was so bad JP??? James Wilday just ran .4 sec quicker than ever before in his RX7 9.4 on HKS legal tyres !!! You may need a geo change for drag racing dude.

How come the traction was so bad JP??? James Wilday just ran .4 sec quicker than ever before in his RX7 9.4 on HKS legal tyres !!! You may need a geo change for drag racing dude.

I was one of the first to run, Might have been better late in the afternoon, i see loads of people struggling, the orange rx drag car was terrible getting away, best time i see him do was a 10.8 at 140mph, my other drag slicks are hks legal, (QTP's) with them i would have done much better but i just wanted a fun day out, not the agro of changing wheels etc, i never see anything get a terminal as high as mine, i left at 1:00 ish though.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Where have all the SUPRAS GONE?? thought there might have been more ,never thought much of DRAG RACING but watching is GREAT but participating is even better LOL once you have a time it's great to try and better it . Best time 13.871 seem's not such a good/bad time for standard t t with cat's etc plus nothing striped out but the bug has bitten . Sorry for getting us lost on the way down neil and m life , was good to meet people i'm sure it wont be as good today wet etc , defo having a go next year.

Cheers for letting us store my expensives in your boot Dnk, much appreciated :thumbs: Would of thrown it all in scottys van if he had bothered to show :D

Sorry Martin, Couldnt get the van in the end, the Supra is being worked on and the Mini was at the other halfs work. That left me with a mountain bike!! :D

Big thanks to m_life for sorting my car in record quick time and a massive thanks to Dunk for letting us store some bits in your car, top man.

Was nice to meet everyone and finally put faces to names.

I found it so slippy today but I managed a 2.4 60ft and a 14.5@97 which puts me in 3rd now for the N/As, I think my problem is the tyres as I was sideways when changing into 2nd, just couldn't get traction, I am 99% confident with better tyres I could dip into the 13s.

Roll on next year, again was so nice to meet everyone :)

Glad to be able to help Neil and nice to meet you guys, thanks for the dohnuts :)