The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shakespeare Drag RWYB Warwick - 15th/16th October -

scotty71

To all (unless your GazB as I take it he will be there anyway) :D

RWYB weekend coming up in October at Shakespeare Raceway (Warwick)

15th October

Show season is nearly over so the only real thing left after Trax and JAE is draging at Shakey :D -

1. scotty71

2. Neil-NA

3. JamieP

4. Mark Newman

5. mellonman

6. Darett

Edited by scotty71 (see edit history)

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A bit of information for anybody thinking of attending or for Scotty to decide which day to make it a club event.

Saturday 15th is normaly the quieter of a weekend meet and if your wanting track time the better choice.

Sunday is race day so normally more people wanting to use the strip meaning longer waiting times and more delays (track shut to clean up spills & club races).

Both days are normally quieter later in the day as cars break and people leave.

If you want to stay the wekend it is possible to arrive friday evening after 6pm

Just noticed you have to wear a helmet, will a crappy one off ebay do? do they check for any safety markings etc.

Anything will do as they don't check.

You could hire one from race control office if needed.

Just rememeber the helmet is for YOUR safety so it all depends on how safe YOU want to feel ;)

I'm hoping to make 15/16 i've got car being looked at now to try and sort the disappearing pedal, if i get that fixed i can run a reduced boost setting and it may be ok, if not i'll not be worrying about traction issues of the line :blink:

I've still not decided which way to go with a new clutch, Mr Whifin has quoted me a very good price for a Carbonetic triple plate but i'm still looking at other makes and types.

Its a lot of money which evr way i go and i've got my daughter wedding to pay for next year and possible and house move :rolleyes:

I looked at the carbonetic but a few people are having problems with them including Paul, if i need a new clutch im going to Stay RPS, they have always been good to me.

After spending a lot of money on 2 seperate HKS clutch systema nd getting limit wear this time i'd like something that last a bit longer and i'm also drawn towards the RPS.

I did have a guy trying to get me into an ACT unit but i've not been able to reasearch these yet. Have you ever used one?

Is this going ahead then?

Can i be really cheeky and ask if their is anyone going that is not competing would i be able to dump a few things in their car when i get there (light, spare wheel, tools) i will pay for the use of some boot space as i dont fancy dumping it at the side of the track.

Is this going ahead then?

Can i be really cheeky and ask if their is anyone going that is not competing would i be able to dump a few things in their car when i get there (light, spare wheel, tools) i will pay for the use of some boot space as i dont fancy dumping it at the side of the track.

You can put your stuff where i park motorhome/trailer in pit area, it'll be safe enough and my mrs is normaly about