The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Speedo Video.

JamieP

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe that, I've just got my Supra and feel that it's quite a nippy car, controlling wheelspin at 140mph must be interesting though - Have you ever got into any situations where you've almost stacked it?

Congratulations on the power anyway and you're a complete mad man, would love to experience that kind of power sometime

Can't believe that, I've just got my Supra and feel that it's quite a nippy car, controlling wheelspin at 140mph must be interesting though - Have you ever got into any situations where you've almost stacked it?

Congratulations on the power anyway and you're a complete mad man, would love to experience that kind of power sometime

Thanks, nah Ive always found it easy to drive, very predictable to when its going to let go and easy to save. (touches wood)

How does it work? Keep the revs limited to a set value when the clutch is depressed?

I helped my mate about a year ago fit a device in his Golf MK V GTi called a "Wotbox".

It allowed Launch control and WOT shifting.

It took a feed from the TPS and clutch switch, so when the device was active, the driver could shift gears with his foot flat and the device would limit the engine power by interrupting the ignition spark keeping the revs from shooting up, allowing the gear to be shifted without waiting for the input shaft to slow down and it would release the revs once the shift is completed..

Essentially it gains you time by allowing faster gear changes, without wrecking your gearbox.

I assume a similar concept is being used in Jamies car..

That is just an awesome video, insane accelaration and speed...What a car..

All done on a private test track right ;)

Acceleration after 100mph is nuts. Isn't there somewhere in the UK where you can approach top speed? a 2 mile runway or something, would be very interested to know what the car will do given enough space, not many salt flats down your way I guess :(.