The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1099 rwhp (1293bhp) dyno video.

JamieP

Dont worry about the numbers, the trap speeds will give a good indicator. Whether our numbers are low or theirs are high, mph and et is what matters.

Funny thing is regarding the pump fuel queries, is that they say the same on the American MR2 boards.

They won't tune a car past 1.2bar on pump fuel regardless of setups! So when people from Europe/uk post up that they're running 2+bar on Pump fuel, they get the same kind of responses! I.e not possible and lying etc!

My car makes 590 at the wheels on a dyno dynamics and has trapped 142mph, whereas cars making 700whp on a dynojet are trapping less or the same mph.

One thing regarding the hub dynos though, i always thought they gave the power at the flywheel?

Regardless, Let the trap speeds do the talking JP.

Would be interesting to see you put it on a dynojet just for a power run though!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that is their downfall then. If they stop using pump fuel at 1.2 regardless of setup then they are mugs.

It's my understanding that the whole reason for using race fuels is to stop det from happening. Det happens when the intake temperatures rise meaning the charge in the chamber becomes unstable. The bigger the turbo the cooler the intake charge at any given level as the turbo needs less rotations to create the same boost levels. The bigger the turbo, the more efficient it is at a desired level (within reason). At 2.0bar a GT35r would be blowing out it's behind but a GT45 is just getting on song.

One thing regarding the hub dynos though, i always thought they gave the power at the flywheel?

When compared to rolling roads such as dyno dynamics or maha etc id say you are most likely right with that one, it would not supprise if the rwhp that the dynapack gave me is close to the rwhp they talk of on the dynojets though, as you say either way it makes no odds, i only quote them numbers as thats what i was given.

Ive tried many times to get a clean run on a rolling road but have struggled with wheel spin, the dynojets do look to hold big power cars well, they have huge rollers which will give a much better contact patch, id like to get on one soon.

Dyno figures are all relative anyhow, they don't like pump fuel out there too much as when they've been pushed they've normally broken. Whenever something new comes around it will be up for discussion, and this power on pump is definitely a first.

The main thing is your happy with the car, doesn't matter about what anyone else thinks.

1100 will trap at 150-157. I think you'll nail a 150+ pretty easy.

165+ BIG power. . .

With regards to US vs UK hp numbers I don't think there is a big a discrepancy as everyone thinks. . .

My current setup has achieved the same results in the US on countless 3.4/80mm car's.

With JP's they are not saying it's the wrong power figure for the setup, they just can't understand that using pump fuel can yield that result.

Dyno figures are all relative anyhow, they don't like pump fuel out there too much as when they've been pushed they've normally broken. Whenever something new comes around it will be up for discussion, and this power on pump is definitely a first.

The main thing is your happy with the car, doesn't matter about what anyone else thinks.

1100 will trap at 150-157. I think you'll nail a 150+ pretty easy.

165+ BIG power. . .

With regards to US vs UK hp numbers I don't think there is a big a discrepancy as everyone thinks. . .

My current setup has achieved the same results in the US on countless 3.4/80mm car's.

With JP's they are not saying it's the wrong power figure for the setup, they just can't understand that using pump fuel can yield that result.

There is a claim of 450rwhp on a BPU supra running 1.4bar on UK/US spec turbos.

That's about 20% high IMO. Then theres the Hennessey Viper, then the Blue "1200 HP" Supra built & tuned by titan that barely made 900hp here (CRD bought it).

There's always been a big difference IMO. As you say though, it's all relative :)

I really dont care who does what in what country tbh mate, im going saturday to enjoy myself, the car does what it does and i wont have any pressure put on me by saying it needs to run X time, i feel like ignoring this thread an all now tbh.

There is a claim of 450rwhp on a BPU supra running 1.4bar on UK/US spec turbos.

That's about 20% high IMO. Then theres the Hennessey Viper, then the Blue "1200 HP" Supra built & tuned by titan that barely made 900hp here (CRD bought it).

There's always been a big difference IMO. As you say though, it's all relative :)

Out of interest has anyone mapped a BPU supra on race fuel before?. . . A 20% increase due to race fuel can be plausible as a result.

I can't comment on the CRD supra, but I know my own results match what's out there. With regards to the Venom GT, there's alot of vehicles that don't reach manufacturer claims of power. I may be wrong but it's not as if that specific car was dyno'd in the US then shipped to the UK just to go on a dyno again. . .

Haven't personally seen a big diff in the big power setups, as the mph results normally have proven the power. The standing mile is a much better indicator of power imo. And their power figures do match the standing mile results achieved by them.

I know Sami and Yalle in Germany have both been 210/215+ in the mile with their figures correlating with power figures from the US for their respective setups.

It's great to see a UK tuner breaking boundaries with the 2JZ, however us discrediting the US figures as a result or them discrediting JP's figures isn't necessary.

This thread seems to be getting far to serious for my liking..!! Its taking all the fun out of our cars!! Lets just enjoy them and not worry or give a toss about horsepower or expect trap speeds.. The cars will do what they do! Its as simple as that.

Could not agree more! Why did we all buy these in the first place?? Because we love them!

When compared to rolling roads such as dyno dynamics or maha etc id say you are most likely right with that one, it would not supprise if the rwhp that the dynapack gave me is close to the rwhp they talk of on the dynojets though, as you say either way it makes no odds, i only quote them numbers as thats what i was given.

Ive tried many times to get a clean run on a rolling road but have struggled with wheel spin, the dynojets do look to hold big power cars well, they have huge rollers which will give a much better contact patch, id like to get on one soon.

Yup, hub dyno for me next time aswell, as we were struggling for traction with my measly (in the context of this thread) power!

Regardless of the numbers it's amazing power/torque on pump fuel !

When Ryan tunes mine next, I'm hoping to see if he can push the pump fuel numbers and see what itl do.

People seem to be pushing pump fuel alot further, the fastest FWD car in the UK runs Tescos 99 :)

I really dont care who does what in what country tbh mate, im going saturday to enjoy myself, the car does what it does and i wont have any pressure put on me by saying it needs to run X time, i feel like ignoring this thread an all now tbh.

Don't be like that J, you have the right attitude in that it does what is does. No need to justify the numbers on this thread or the one on SF, as you said yourself it's just a measure, what matters is that it works and does what it does on the road. The speedo vid says it all IMO :)

Actually I thought most of the posts on the SF thread were quite reasonable (in SF "reasonable"!) considering how that forum usually reacts to something that doesn't match "their" norm. I don't like to see this jumping in from forum members here as it's dragged that thread off topic a fair bit. Shame really as there were some fair responses and discussions developing on it. Although it was quite funny to see some of the Australians jumping in and backing up the UK/euro figures we've seen.. not often that happens :D

Very much looking forward to seeing it run this weekend, whether it does 130 or 160 terminals it's insanely quick, can't imagine how it feels on the road :)

Don't be like that J, you have the right attitude in that it does what is does. No need to justify the numbers on this thread or the one on SF, as you said yourself it's just a measure, what matters is that it works and does what it does on the road. The speedo vid says it all IMO :)

Actually I thought most of the posts on the SF thread were quite reasonable (in SF "reasonable"!) considering how that forum usually reacts to something that doesn't match "their" norm. I don't like to see this jumping in from forum members here as it's dragged that thread off topic a fair bit. Shame really as there were some fair responses and discussions developing on it. Although it was quite funny to see some of the Australians jumping in and backing up the UK/euro figures we've seen.. not often that happens :D

Very much looking forward to seeing it run this weekend, whether it does 130 or 160 terminals it's insanely quick, can't imagine how it feels on the road :)

agree with homer..

just enjoy it mate..

i still think you will nail 150 lol

Im not posting in that thread again but its still going on, some claim it should do a higher terminal at that power.

Below is jessica bartons video, 76mm doing 152 terminals with a claimed 1078rwhp if you read the description, says mine is about spot on to me, also Armins car.

Armins Supra, 1147 rwhp and 150 terminals.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Howcome you didnt run yours in the end Dude? I may have missed the reason in a different thread.

It for some reason has head issues, the erar bucket is sticking again, im just ordering a new head, apparently there have been some issues with ferrea valve gear and thats what im running so im going for a head equipped with supertech stuff like JP etc are using, i'll put this right and run it this weekend and see what she does, theres a test and tune friday and rotorstock saturday. We drove the car to Lees BBQ it was fine, Simon drove it back and parked it for about 3 hours then started it and drove it on the trailer, it was fine, started at Pod and the rear bucket was sticking !!!! I actually hate the car officially !