The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi There, Can anyone tell me what model of Supra i have bought ?

Guest kenblockseal

One more thing - can you get a picture of the back of the diff? It will help identify what you have...

For what it's worth, this is what I think..

- It was an NA model (If you want me to explain why I think this let me know)

- It either:

1) started as an SZ-R and just had the TT lump dropped in

2) started as an SZ and had the TT lump and gearbox dropped in.

- It's a 97 car, imported to Australia in 98 (though I do now have doubts, there's not a lot that points now to this being crossover, so may still be a 98)

Great price for it, I'm just hoping for you that above is correct and it's not been nicked.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kenblockseal

Im just leaving my garage justnow, But i will put it on my ramp tomorrow and take some pictures of the underside if you like.

If you could post on the oz supra board for me that would be great.

Thanks.

K.

Im just leaving my garage justnow, But i will put it on my ramp tomorrow and take some pictures of the underside if you like.

If you could post on the oz supra board for me that would be great.

Will do. Quite interested to see what it is now :)

Just had another thought - has it got aftermarket suspension? If it's standard, check if it's a REAS system. If it's got REAS then it will be a full late model and not a crossover.

i've met the original owner, i have seen this car in the flesh too and it definately needs work, the odd wide arch with the front bumper pulled to fit on one side was rather odd but the price you got was a bargain. iirc he said that he had it imported from japan to australia himself while he worked there, then got it imported from australia over to the uk too..

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?191302-hello-to-all...

i've met the original owner, i have seen this car in the flesh too and it definately needs work, the odd wide arch with the front bumper pulled to fit on one side was rather odd but the price you got was a bargain. iirc he said that he had it imported from japan to australia himself while he worked there, then got it imported from australia over to the uk too..

I thought it was simons car! Has it still got a random fuse in the engine bay sticking out a loom? I can text the old owner if you need me to, just fire me a pm bud

Good news that :)

I still think this car started life as an NA. There's lots of signs of a conversion, but the obvious one is the NA instrument cluster

Could it be a pre production model ???

I work for Jaguar and sometimes you get Pre production models which are really test cars and should not be sold to the public but they do. Even though its a early car they stick some of the later stuff on to test etc,

So the V.I.N number wont tie up to whats on the car. Just a thought

IIRC he was wanting £7k+ originally for this on here, but cant find the advert for it now. he was selling it due to starting up his own business and was needing money, the guy was genuine top bloke that loved the car but also had some good plans for it! you def got a good deal there bud!

My wife works for the DVLA. She has said that the Australian equivalent of the DVLA assign vin numbers to some Japanese imports so that they tie in with their system. Apparently the Jap cars have an 11 digit vin but in Australia they are 17 digits. She said alot of the time they just put the new plate over the original so you may still be able to find the original vin on there.