The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Low Mount Custom seat frames

johnd-mkiv

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. I'm heavier and was worried that the ally ones might bend but apparently they're solid. But steel ones will be ready sooner by the looks of it so I may got that route too.

I didn't know short has the same range as OEM. Arghhhh, more decisions to make..........

after I heard that I wondered what the Longer sets are for - Maybe race spec cars where the seating position is well back and the steering wheel is positioned right up under your chin - bringing the centre of gravity back with the drivers weight

Plus even with STD position frames you can still position the runners slightly further back and over hang slightly? OEM is surely enough

Somebody tell me I'm talking crap I'm only guessing

I originally made a long set for JamieP as he wanted them long being really tall, when I made them for mine I had all the scope in the rails to get a comfortable ride position using the short set I'm 6'3

- - - Updated - - -

ive said it before but worth a mention, Johns work/service is great i was very happy when i used him.

Thank you :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I have these fitted to my seats (seen in my build) height can be adjusted with custom spacers, I had the same problem with seat belt bracket I can supply a custom bracket that will drill and bolt to the frame for it to pick up its not a problem :)

Hi John,

Do you still make the custom brackets for the seat belt buckle?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.