The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Low Mount Custom seat frames

johnd-mkiv

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've fabricated a load of steel ones up, will need payment up front on ally as need to order more material in but can have these made before the weekend.

I would advise going with the ally sets as the steel ones are heavy!!!

Postage £10 on top my paypal is [email protected]

As soon as payment is made please pm me with all your details ;)

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbs:

Happy with that! No more stock electric seat!

Only a minimum amount of swearing, you might need to use smaller washers and stuff on some of the bolts or longer bolts.

In case it helps anyone else out, to share how I fitted them to make sure things run smoothly.

Bolt the rails into the car to start with on both sides, then stick 2 pieces of wood between both rails forming a square. For this I used no more nails on a roll (B&Q about £5 but well worth it).

With this strong (but easily removable adhesive) it means that when you unbolt the rails you can be sure they are spaced exactly right without any guesswork involved, you can just offer the now square frame up to the seat bottom to mark your holes.

One thing to be careful of and this really only applies to the drivers side as there's enough clearance on the passenger side, check the positioning of the holes you are going to drill for the seat. There is a bracing bar that runs along the floor and there isn't enough space to get a nut under it.

Ebay jobbies, there's a couple of people with these now. For the money they are pretty decent, I just wanted rid of that damn electric seat! I will upgrade these at some point though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-PVC-LEATHER-EFF-RECLINING-BUCKET-CAR-SEATS-FOR-TOYOTA-CELICA-MR2-SUPRA-/371148898559?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item566a32c0ff

Ha I like the idea that I could stitch, no that's how they came. They have been stuck under my stairs for a few months so I'm sure once they have a bit of sun on them they will tighten up a bit.

One thing to remember is that on the stock seats the seat belt clip is physically attached to the seat itself. With some aftermarket ones including these you don't get a place to bolt the clip on so you need to add it to the frame (or seat) with a strong bracket. Quick job though.

Edit: That was the short set, they were just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest pharmed

Hi John just quick question. Don't the stock rear bit of the mounts fix to the body with 3 bolts? (looking at buying a pair for my soarer and know the mkiv and soarers have interchangeable seats)

Apologies if yours do too

• 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.