The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Low Mount Custom seat frames

johnd-mkiv

are these still available? probably required in steel, Q With steel being 10mm think will it compromise height over the alu ones? How think are the Alu ones? I am just under 6ft and have a 6 point roll cage so height with helmet on is an issue..?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are these still available? probably required in steel, Q With steel being 10mm think will it compromise height over the alu ones? How think are the Alu ones? I am just under 6ft and have a 6 point roll cage so height with helmet on is an issue..?

Jamie will be able to answer that better than me mate but if it was mine go for the ally ones as the mild steel weigh a considerable amount more ally ones are 10mm thick too

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm interested in a set of long alloy ones if they are still available.
They are still available guys, but John recently moved and now gone on holls. I received mine last week and they are a good fit. When I get a minute I will post the pic of my leather gen7 Celica seats in the car using these mounts.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

John, just to let you know your PM's are bouncin back as your FULL ;-)

My message was

"hi mate, i am sure you made me a bespoke rad slam panel for the blue drag car 2 years ago?

if so i am in the market for another on the new project drag car?

Cheers

Stu"

Can anyone comment how low these rails sit with a seat installed compared to the stock seats?

I have the Bride MO on my other Supra and they sit very low with the Recaro Speeds, which I need as I'm 190cm tall.

They are a little bit lower than the stock rails on a Supra - but John made mine higher for the Recaros to fit better in the Aristo.

• 2 weeks later...

apologies for my absence in replying to pm's and threads. Ive been flat out with work and recently bought a house which im spending every hour renovating.

stuart i dont have a pattern for the rad pannel if u have one I can copy more than willing to do that for you.

I can make the seat frames up just drop me a pm will be makign a couple sets this weekend

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

To those who have bought a set of these, what bolts did you use? Did you use the original bolts as mine don't seem long enough?

It looks like the rails could do with slight modification to bring the angles down to make them sit flush with the floor and have the holes extended as they don't appear to line up properly - I got so close to fitting the seats I've had sitting in my room since October :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.