The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2011 - 13th August CHAT THREAD

Branners

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In light of the recent theft of the japspeed impreza from santa pod it's got me thinking. There are going to be a very large number of expensive impreza's at santa pod. What sort of security is going to be attending on the day.

And for the ibis hotel. How secure is there car park ?? Cause it's going to be ram packed with supra's and other motor's for the weekend. Going to draw a little attention surely !! Do they have CCTV ? Would it be worth asking the hotel to maybe arrange for a nightwatch man or security attendant in the car park for the weekend. I'd happily pay an extra few ££ ontop of my room fee to ensure my car is safe for the weekend.

In light of the recent theft of the japspeed impreza from santa pod it's got me thinking. There are going to be a very large number of expensive impreza's at santa pod. What sort of security is going to be attending on the day.

And for the ibis hotel. How secure is there car park ?? Cause it's going to be ram packed with supra's and other motor's for the weekend. Going to draw a little attention surely !! Do they have CCTV ? Would it be worth asking the hotel to maybe arrange for a nightwatch man or security attendant in the car park for the weekend. I'd happily pay an extra few ££ ontop of my room fee to ensure my car is safe for the weekend.

The Ibis does have CCTV, but I doubt that would stop somebody if they want your car. By the time it's gone the CCTV will be no good.

Suprapod is a fairly closed event, we dont have thousands of people there, but again you should be responsible for your own car's security. Leave it unlocked like the Scooby chap probably did and it could be a target.

The Ibis does have CCTV, but I doubt that would stop somebody if they want your car. By the time it's gone the CCTV will be no good.

Suprapod is a fairly closed event, we dont have thousands of people there, but again you should be responsible for your own car's security. Leave it unlocked like the Scooby chap probably did and it could be a target.

As JB says, you should have good security on your vehicle no matter where it is - but if professional thieves want it, they will get it somehow. Just make sure you've got the bases covered for most opportunistic criminals: a kill switch, decent alarm, possibly a tilt detector and/or tracker, and don't park it somewhere stupid :)

The Ibis is quite out the way and well lit. I have parked in the car park for the past three years with no problems :)

i know the best security in the world wont stop a thief. But it can certainly be a deterant.

all it takes is 1 minutes for 4 guys in a unsecure dimmly lit car park with a jack each, some locking wheel nut removal tools and impact wrenches to aquire 3k or wheels and tyres off a car.

Plus a car alarm wont deter vandals.

But all this is kinda beside the point. It was car theft I was more focusing on in my post. As long as you other guys staying there have faith in the place then that gives me plenty peace of min...

plus why would they take a subtle aristo when they can have a chavvy supra to go joyriding in:p

i know the best security in the world wont stop a thief. But it can certainly be a deterant.

all it takes is 1 minutes for 4 guys in a unsecure dimmly lit car park with a jack each, some locking wheel nut removal tools and impact wrenches to aquire 3k or wheels and tyres off a car.

Plus a car alarm wont deter vandals.

But all this is kinda beside the point. It was car theft I was more focusing on in my post. As long as you other guys staying there have faith in the place then that gives me plenty peace of min...

plus why would they take a subtle aristo when they can have a chavvy supra to go joyriding in:p

Haha, just park it next to mine ;)