The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2011 - 13th August CHAT THREAD

Branners

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your private bit of tarmac is nothing like the tarmac at santapod, the grip level you get there is insane, i was there a few days back, if you stand in one spot for more than 2 or 3 seconds your feet weld to the spot its so sticky. that sheen on the tarmac is pure rubber.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/Redlinesantapodshoot015.jpg

i know jamie ive been myself a few times, if i can get a 1.9 or better 60ft on my bit of tarmac then santa pod shouldnt be a problem assuming i get the launch right on the day.

i know jamie ive been myself a few times, if i can get a 1.9 or better 60ft on my bit of tarmac then santa pod shouldnt be a problem assuming i get the launch right on the day.

You should do that with ease, just try to avoid wheel hop.

i will do buddy, im not trying to chase you mate im a long way of that, my new head and a gt47 would help though, thoughts are brewing already ive only had it 8 weeks lol

Ha, no messing, ive thought of going GT47 many times but they just seem to laggy to me for a street car, nitrous and drag only me thinks for something that big, id not want bigger that 76mm on the street.

It's coming along quickly now guys, my aim all along was and is to run a 10 second quater but I don't think that possible with my current setup, drag radials or not, what's the general ideal power with a good launch to get I'n the tens? 700hp? More?

It's coming along quickly now guys, my aim all along was and is to run a 10 second quater but I don't think that possible with my current setup, drag radials or not, what's the general ideal power with a good launch to get I'n the tens? 700hp? More?

I did a 10.9 1/4 with a T67 running 630bhp, it was hard going though, i did my best ever 60ft that day an all, 1.5 seconds, i had to be super aggressive with the car.

I did a 10.9 1/4 with a T67 running 630bhp, it was hard going though, i did my best ever 60ft that day an all, 1.5 seconds, i had to be super aggressive with the car.

Sometimes the smaller turbos are easier to run say 10's with, bit like a 600 and 1000 bike with the bigger turbos and high hp the car is very livelly mine went all over the show in 3rd gear when the Nitrous kicked in, with the smaller turbos you can just floor it in the knowledge it prob wont try and kill you.

Your car is easily capable of running 10's, the driver I can't comment on !!!!!:blink::p

no one "does" me mitchell :) - especially no JP wannebes :D Seen many of them come and go :jester:

Im happy at BPU Im not in it to chase power (or bling) just my Billet GReddy oil cap Rob you know ;)

lol so owning a 900 hp supra must be a jp wannabee eh :rolleyes: maybe it does in your world but it doesnt in the real world beyond this forum.

Ah well that's interesting. ether my car has got faster (bpu each time) or the helmet limit has come down. I never needed a helmet till the last time I went. So I didn't take it, then on my 2nd run went over the terminal speed limit (110 or 120?) . Luckily i only live 30 mins away so the day wasnt wasted :)

What was the limit at the last suprapod?

You will need a helmet if your terminal is over 110mph but I'm sure someone will have a helmet you can borrow if need be! I will be taking mine so can borrow it if you want mate?

Cheers mate, but I have a big head, lol, I will borrow one from a mate, shouldn't be A problem tbh, thanks though fella.

You will need a helmet if your terminal is over 110mph but I'm sure someone will have a helmet you can borrow if need be! I will be taking mine so can borrow it if you want mate?

Will a BPU Supra with a beginner to the strip driving hit 110?

I'll get a bottle of Jagermeister at the ready :)

ill be taking my own supply aswell after last year! :p

And the jelly sweets for driftbear :D

:rlol: im not wanting haribo in my drinks again, it didnt taste good in the morning :(

LOL! Yea, I'll go to Costco again just before :)

can just put them in everyone else's drink :p

Up for this as usual... We camped out last year with all the mini guys, was a mud pool with all the rain, the pod isnt the best place to camp when it rains. Met up with all the guys at the Ibis hotel and you all looked as rough as me lol...

rough was an understatement lol, i was asked many a time on the sunday how i was alive let alone able to stand/walk (not very well though lol)