The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2011 - 13th August CHAT THREAD

Branners

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

booked myself in to the Ibis hotel. Its not the best hotel in the world, but they let us party until 3am in the restaurant when they should have refused so I'm happy to go back there again. And the pub across the road gave us our own area and everything. Camping is not for me.

This - and the fact that I like a damn good shower before a long drive after a night on the sauce

wooow , when were the refunds offerd? i didnt get one

yes, we know, you said!!

There was a thread up about it for about a month and a half and enough people asked for them for it to cost us £2k so it was seen by many people. We had to issue refunds to be able to get any sort of sense from the insurance company. We have now placed a claim for the £2k we paid out in refunds.

yes, we know, you said!!

There was a thread up about it for about a month and a half and enough people asked for them for it to cost us £2k so it was seen by many people. We had to issue refunds to be able to get any sort of sense from the insurance company. We have now placed a claim for the £2k we paid out in refunds.

well if the insurance pays up , is there a chance ill see the refund?

well if the insurance pays up , is there a chance ill see the refund?

Simple answer is no.

THe insurance will not pay out for more than we have refunded and we get just one go at getting the payout. So whatever we have refunded now is the claim we have put in.

We had to set a cut off otherwise we would make a claim for a specific amount, and then people would keep asking for refunds.

It was all very clear in the thread.

No more discussion I'm afraid.

I haven't been before but quite interested in this. The drifting area? is it basically a bit of open ground or one of those circular bits of track with water jets on a smooth surface? Basically will I knacker my tyres?

if your like the cone munchers last year you will knacker your car let alone yer tyres :D

[video=youtube;-v-03VGGmrw]

Edited by scotty71 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
i looked last week and saw 65 places remaining im still on the fence til im happy on my wheel/tyre choice and if my prop and diff can take it ?

Only one way to find out, get it on the strip, rev it up to 7000rpm and dump the clutch, if it breaks build it stronger.

Only one way to find out, get it on the strip, rev it up to 7000rpm and dump the clutch, if it breaks build it stronger.

i dont need the strip mate i got a private bit of tarmac i can use 100% legally outside my house :)

if it breaks then i will build it stronger but im going in knowing its weak points and allowing for them hence not launching on the limiter on drag radials.

rome wasnt built in a day jamie, youve got a few years on me in supra ownership im only in my 8th week and just come from awd gtr :D

i must walk before i run buddy ;)

i dont need the strip mate i got a private bit of tarmac i can use 100% legally outside my house :)

if it breaks then i will build it stronger but im going in knowing its weak points and allowing for them hence not launching on the limiter on drag radials.

rome wasnt built in a day jamie, youve got a few years on me in supra ownership im only in my 8th week and just come from awd gtr :D

i must walk before i run buddy ;)

walk before you run are four words JP doesnt understand :D

he will be seeing you, in his rear view :p

Your private bit of tarmac is nothing like the tarmac at santapod, the grip level you get there is insane, i was there a few days back, if you stand in one spot for more than 2 or 3 seconds your feet weld to the spot its so sticky. that sheen on the tarmac is pure rubber.