The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2011 - 13th August CHAT THREAD

Branners

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noob questions here after reading some posts.

Are there requirements for dragging and drifting?

I was think I need to get insurance for the day or is this covered at club level?

Do I need a helmet? Wasn't planning on rolling the car!

Anything else needed or recommend?

Noob questions here after reading some posts.

Are there requirements for dragging and drifting?

I was think I need to get insurance for the day or is this covered at club level?

Do I need a helmet? Wasn't planning on rolling the car!

Anything else needed or recommend?

Well you will need your photo card licence to sign up for the drag and probably drift.

If you want insurance for the day you will have to take it out, the club insurance only covers the day if it's totally cancelled I would have thought. Not for injury to you or others you injure or damage to your car.

A helmet will be needed if your terminal speed is over 110mph

Hope that helped :)

Thanks Bradley, doubt I'll hit 110mph on the strip this year but hopefully in the future so may as well invest. Can use for Karting too I guess. Any helmet will do? I'd prefer something open face without a visor if this is sufficient.

This one is on sale and looks pretty cool ;)

http://www.helmetsuperstore.co.uk/AGV-New-Bali-B2-Trendy-Pink-Silver-Sale_AUYVH.aspx?1

I'll try Sky Insurance for a quote then unless we have some sort of deals with anyone in particular for track days, if any member knows.

Well you will need your photo card licence to sign up for the drag and probably drift.

If you want insurance for the day you will have to take it out, the club insurance only covers the day if it's totally cancelled I would have thought. Not for injury to you or others you injure or damage to your car.

A helmet will be needed if your terminal speed is over 110mph

Hope that helped :)

Thanks Bradley, doubt I'll hit 110mph on the strip this year but hopefully in the future so may as well invest. Can use for Karting too I guess. Any helmet will do? I'd prefer something open face without a visor if this is sufficient.

This one is on sale and looks pretty cool ;)

http://www.helmetsuperstore.co.uk/AGV-New-Bali-B2-Trendy-Pink-Silver-Sale_AUYVH.aspx?1

I'll try Sky Insurance for a quote then unless we have some sort of deals with anyone in particular for track days, if any member knows.

If your bpu you have a good chance of hitting 110. I do. 115 is my highest.

Helmets can be had off eBay quite cheep.

I wouldn't both with insurance nobody I know does. It's likely to be a couple of hundred quid I'd imagine. "you bend it you mend it" policy applies to most people on the strip/track. Its a risk you take but I've never seen anyone appart from very high powered cars crash on the strip. Your only going in a strait line. :)

May of been said but i want to come as a spectator and bring a friend. do i have to purchase 1 member ticket and 1 non or is it ok for 2 members tickets as he will be with me in my car :)

If he is not a member he will need to buy a non-member ticket :)

Getting closer folks, and we are quite a way from breaking even on this one. I think this may well be the last year for Suprapod if we cannot get close to breakeven. Its a great event but we are around £2.5k down at the moment. So if anybody has any friends who want to drag race then get them to sign up as this might well be the last year for the event.