The mkiv Supra Owners Club

If you were wanting a step up from the Supra?

AJI

Can't argue with German engineering!

I'll tell you what though - if I had the inclination to play with a Porsche there's only one car I'd want: a Cayman with a turbo engine. The poise in that chassis has to be experienced to be believed... preferably sideways around a quick corner in third+. The Cayman S was the best car I drove in 2010.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll tell you what though - if I had the inclination to play with a Porsche there's only one car I'd want: a Cayman with a turbo engine. The poise in that chassis has to be experienced to be believed... preferably sideways around a quick corner in third+. The Cayman S was the best car I drove in 2010.

If i grow a vagina i might consider one:D

Good post.

Better post.

The engine is in the right place though - Porsche went on record saying the only reason it didn't do a turbo Cayman was that it couldn't have anything beating its 'flagship' 911. The Cayman is the better car IMHO - the engines just aren't exciting enough.

well since I sold the supra, I have now got my impreza track car nearly finished... hopefully picking it up on Friday :)

but have been trying to decide what car I wanted next. So far the list was Ferrari 360 (maybe 430 if the budget could be stretched), Aston Martin V8 vantage, Maserati GranTurismo, Porsche, R35 GTR, etc. After a lot of consideration about what the car would be used for, etc... the GTR is on top of my list. I am looking for a LHD car, that is good on European roads, ideally paddle shift, good performance out of the box and could be modded in the future. Porsches are just too common for me......

Cannot wait to test the GTR, trying to arrange one for this weekend :D

Or just go to Jurgens build thread ;)

The 2011 is up as its supposedly much better, 45bhp extra, easier to drive, faster around the track, etc, etc for 15K more

yeah but that brings the price to nearly 70k... pretty steep for what essentially is still a Datsun :D Jokes aside, thats probably one of my dream cars... I prefer the latest version too with the revised electronics and DRLs :D

yeah but that brings the price to nearly 70k... pretty steep for what essentially is still a Datsun :D Jokes aside, thats probably one of my dream cars... I prefer the latest version too with the revised electronics and DRLs :D

completely agree, which is why I have specified that I want to test drive a 2010 model :D

The cars I would consider after the Supra would be:

997 911 Turbo

GTR

Murcielago (obviously getting silly by this point :D )

LFA

Nothing else comes to mind that I'd rather have than a Supra. I would rather the Supra than any of them anyway actually.

To be fair, if I was to own any of the above, I'd still want to own a Supra anyway!

:)

I've always been a 4/5 door car man. so a maserati quattroporte would be right up my street.

best looking saloon car on our roads in my opinion.

http://pulseautosport.com/wp-content/gallery/2009-maserati-quattroporte-sport-gt-s/2009-maserati-quattroporte-sport-gt-s-front-angle-city-1280x960.jpg

Edited by vertex (see edit history)

XKR-S is an absolute beast of a car :)

Yeah, I'm going to arrange to drive one asap (not with a view to buying, no way I can afford that at the moment!) I think it's a bit OTT though, would rather just have an XKR (although I wouldn't be suprised if you could spec the xkrs without the silly spoiler)

996 turbo will be my next toy (keeping the supra though) pick them up for not much more than 20k these day, Fit a full RSR carbon kit that Nur Motorsport makes., strip it out, tune to 600bhp= weapon, i saw one at Noels today and it blew me away:cool: soon as the V8 supra is finished im gonna out that and im after one of these.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/2009-porsche-911-gt3-rsr-2.jpg

Went out in a BPU 996 and was well impressed ;) that was only at 1bar too if iirc. Would have pi$$ed my BPU supra

Edited by mikeyb10supra (see edit history)