The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My V8 Supra build

fruity_south

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well done mate, looking good, now time to enjoy. Will you make Suprapod this weekend? Incidentally your old NA lump is still sitting where the guy dropped it off for me, done nothing with it yet!

On a side issue, I have a Eaton M90 SC from a Thunderbird, C/W, throttle body and nice curved pipe with "Supercharged" embossed on as per the pics earlier in your thread if you decide to go that route.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I really need to come on here more often!

its been on the road now a couple of months (still with a few teething problems). one of these problems was self inflicted after i decided to paint the cam covers and inlet manifold. now its hunting. i have been told its either an air leak somewhere on the inlet or its the TPS need reseting.

I have also decided to start changing the interior (for the 3rd or 4th time) and am having the spare set of dash panels i have wraped in real carbon.

i have disovered that since removing the sound system i once had installed that it is pretty impossible to hear the audio system running off of the head unit over the v8 rumble, for that reason that is also coming out and i will be changing all the gauges to some new ones which will go into the old stereo location.

The plans are run it this year as it is for a couple of the shows (just come back from BHP where it had huge amounts of attention) and then take it off the road for a color change and i will possibly be starting a Twin turbo setup for it.

cheers guys, was a really good show and the club i was with put me in a really good spot. it was the first time its really been on show since the conversion was done as fast show was a wash out. i have been asked in the past if i would be interested in being paid to have moulds done for replica's but i like the fact its the only one (well only one im aware of!)

lol. anyone is more then welcome to come and have a nose. its extremely tight fit! and the guy who did it who has done all boot builds on every car i have had is 4th gen carpenter. i have sold some of the boot builds in the past seperatly and they have fetched a fair bit of money.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...