The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My V8 Supra build

fruity_south

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the v8 can take a lot more power without having to fart around with internals and having to worry about putting it under strain.

Stock TT engines have been know to hold more than a 1000rwhp, whats a lot more than that?

happy to stand corrected jamie, but from what i have read about this engine in both a magazine and through the lextreme and toyota-v8 forums is that the v8 is a much stronger engine. by all means their can be 1000rwhp stock tt's but how much strain is that putting on the engine? i cant really comment on it myself as never owning a tt but one of the main reasons i went for the v8 swap was due to the concerns i had about straining the engine to much if i wanted to go for more power. saying that though the fabrication work and getting the parts for the v8 is a hell of a lot harder (thinking forced induction).

i am aware of a few tt v8's on one forum pushing around 1300. with what done i couldnt say but their are some extremely high bhp v8's on their.

And thats on a stock engine that was never designed for FI? very impressive if true.

• 2 months later...

bit of an update for you all. exhaust is all finished, wiring finished but more importantly had its re spray. below is the pic of it pre mopping. this was done outside and got to say its a pretty good job when you consider the inviroment it was done it. then below that is a pic of a wheel in the new colour.

V8 is the way forward :D

Suitably impressed with the work you've done yourself, apart from the use scotch locks in the wiring (spit). I've had nothing but grief with them in the past, and any car I've bought and found them on get quickly removed.

Does the 1UZ have a cast iron block?

Well done on the progress so far Dave, please keep us posted :thumbs: Have you had an issues with insurance on this? I was considering a similar swap but couldn't find an insurance company to cover it (SDP&C, not trade).

I do have some doubts about the stock block capabilities you mentioned. Most that have gone FI have uprated the internals and head along with all bolts both stateside and in Aus. I've never heard of anyone moving to higher pressure FI without swapping pistons and heads on a 1UZ-FE. Ryan and fearless I think are the cloest this side of the pond that have pushed boost pressures a bit (1 bar+), but from what I understood they both faced issues with the heads wanting to lift, det and cooling problems.

Watching with a great deal of interest :)

yea i believe it is cast iron

Thats weird, the three motors I've got are all alloy :p

The 2UZ is an iron block, the 1uz & 3uz are aluminum.

:)

cheers for the info on that ugp, i wasnt 100% sure. with regards to the insurance i havnt had any problems, just rang my current one, told them and they said ok and left it at that. dont think the girl i spoke to understood, just waiting on the paperwork to come through.

theres loads of places that do flocking now on cars. i did it myself for a buisness for almost 2 years but just dont have the time now. paid for itself within a month or two