The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got the Supra on the dyno

Josh

nice result , im glad you were happy with the service and your results . Rich.

Thanks! Nice to meet someone else off the forum. When I saw the Supra as I pulled up I thought "Ooo, I wonder if it's someone off the forum". I completely forgot that you were at Dynodaze.

I'll be back to see you once I've gone BPU :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a boost gauge all ready and it seems to hold at about 0.9bar. I'll look at getting an AFR gauge too.

The torque curves look good, but you mentioned it is not BPU yet, this begs the question - How much boost was it making on the day?
Think Josh said 0.9, but I remember when I did mine at SRR it stated what boost it was running on the dyno sheet?

The torque curves look good, but you mentioned it is not BPU yet, this begs the question - How much boost was it making on the day?

Yep deffo a US dyno.

Im going to put my car on that dyno and see how much more power is hidden away :D

Think Josh said 0.9, but I remember when I did mine at SRR it stated what boost it was running on the dyno sheet?

Don't start him off

Bleeding 'ell, I read the thread 3 times looking for the boost level and still missed that!

Seems about right for 0.9 bar, maybe a little on the high side but not so much. The torque curve looks good and strong, which is the important part.

You gained over 25hp from just the exhaust (and a one decat?)?

Seems about right for a Supra running a 0.1bar pressure increase and a less restrictive exhaust.

Are the turbos running sequentially, the power curve looks very linear?

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Seems about right for a Supra running a 0.1bar pressure increase and a less restrictive exhaust.

Are the turbos running sequentially, the power curve looks very linear?

Yeah, sequentially. Would the fact that they're UK Specs make any difference?

Yeah, sequentially. Would the fact that they're UK Specs make any difference?

The UK and J-spec power curves both drop off at the transitional point when the second turbo comes on line. These are not stock turbos but you can see what I mean on THIS dyno plot.

The UK and J-spec power curves both drop off at the transitional point when the second turbo comes on line. These are not stock turbos but you can see what I mean on THIS dyno plot.

As I've never been in any other Supras at WOT then I'm not sure if mine feels the same but when the 2nd turbo comes in it feels smooth and there's only a slight feeling of hesitation (0.5secs or so) then you can feel the extra power of the 2nd turbo but it's not a burst of power, feels like a very smooth transition.

I'd say the power delivery will still be relatively smooth for such a modest boost increase. It's when you double the boost pressure at transition to 1.2bar you feel it and get the spike on the dyno graph.

Of course I've been wrong before :innocent:

(0.5secs or so) then you can feel the extra power of the 2nd turbo but it's not a burst of power, feels like a very smooth transition.

I get the very slight hesitation as you but then when Turbo two kicks in its a raw bpu burst of power :D

Would be interested to see what mine does on this dyno :)

I get the very slight hesitation as you but then when Turbo two kicks in its a raw bpu burst of power :D

Would be interested to see what mine does on this dyno :)

Well once I've gone BPU Ill be going back on. I'll let you know when this is and we can see whose is the best :p

Nice one Josh, good strong result.

Thank you :)

Now let's go fit the 2nd decat!

And i would:)

I did tell josh about the slippery slope...... looks like he`s on it:D

Either that or he`s folded due to the peer pressure.

Nope :p

Just came in from putting the 2nd decat on. That was a b!tch of a job! Just jacking the car up and using axle stands stands didn't get it high enough so most of it was done by feel.

I've all ready got the boost controller so I just need a SMIC and FCD and then I'm leaving it at BPU :)

hey josh, how much of an increase you looking at scince the work done? scince the last dyno :D? 356 is still abit :p!

Should be about 500bhp with the 2nd decat give or take a few bhp.

:p only kidding :p

Not sure really. I'm hoping for around 400 when at BPU but we'll have to wait and see :)