The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got the Supra on the dyno

Josh

With a double decat + exhaust, you'll see around 375bhp IIRC

May need a RR as I just went for a blast and when I tried WOT in 4th, the boost went up to about 1.1bar at around 5,000rpm so I let off.

I'll need to make sure I don't put my foot down until I get a better condition SMIC, FCD and possibly a RR.

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May need a RR as I just went for a blast and when I tried WOT in 4th, the boost went up to about 1.1bar at around 5,000rpm so I let off.

I'll need to make sure I don't put my foot down until I get a better condition SMIC, FCD and possibly a RR.

You don't have an FCD fitted? It shouldn't be possible to make 1.1bar without one fitted as the ECU would cut the fuel >1bar.

A UK spec doesn't need a restrictor ring the wastegate should regulate boost to stock levels even with both cats removed. It shouldn't boost to 1.1bar, either the watsegate isn't opening as it should or the gauge is out, probably the later if you don't have an FCD.

You don't have an FCD fitted? It shouldn't be possible to make 1.1bar without one fitted as the ECU would cut the fuel >1bar.

A UK spec doesn't need a restrictor ring the wastegate should regulate boost to stock levels even with both cats removed. It shouldn't boost to 1.1bar, either the watsegate isn't opening as it should or the gauge is out, probably the later if you don't have an FCD.

The boost gauge seems quite reliable as it was 0.8-0.9bar with just the first decat. It only went above 1bar for about 2 seconds because as soon as I saw it go to 1.1 I let off.

After speaking to Si, he thinks the turbos may be hybrids due to them making more power than they should at certain levels.

I'll have to have a good look and see what's happening. How could I check if the boost gauge is out?

hey Josh your car is coming along nicley mate :)

Great result on the dyno for the mods done

Just wanted to say mine made 430 at the last rolling road with double decat and boost controller at just under 1.3 bar

so with both ya decats and a good boost controller i would expect around the same mate , fingers crossed for ya :)

hopefully meet u and the car sometime this year :)

P.S 430 was made with the wrong grade plugs 6 istead of 8 :whoops ...

hey Josh your car is coming along nicley mate :)

Great result on the dyno for the mods done

Just wanted to say mine made 430 at the last rolling road with double decat and boost controller at just under 1.3 bar

so with both ya decats and a good boost controller i would expect around the same mate , fingers crossed for ya :)

hopefully meet u and the car sometime this year :)

P.S 430 was made with the wrong grade plugs 6 istead of 8 :whoops ...

Thank you :)

I've got an HKS EVC-S to fit once I've got a better condition SMIC and FCD :)

Hope I can see your car in the flesh too as it's pretty much how I'd like mine to look!

Cheers :thumbs: