Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Luxluc

I love your car mate. Looks very very nice
:)

westy882

Stunning!

ajlittler

I do like how that looks! And the wheels finish it off perfectly!

Dc-Automotive

MArio, we HAVE to do a shoot when mine is finished haha, both spoilerless and near to stock body with the fat wheels.

Loving the car dude...looks the nuts now...

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

@Dane maybe we can do that in the future when yours is up and running again, it really itches to get her back on the road now.:D

• 2 weeks later...

http://mkivsupras.co.uk/vbb/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by dandan http://mkivsupras.co.uk/vbb/images/buttons/viewpost-right.pngNice project Mario - I'll be interested in what you think of the Kumhos. Great wheel choice :thumbs:Dan, I took her for a spin today to see if I wanted some adjustments on the allignment. It's 3 degrees down here but dry and didn't warmed the tires, lots of wheelspin in first and second gear and i'm just bpu. Maybe the tires need a warmer environment, or they just aren't that good. Well will check again when she is completely ready, the temperature will be higher too in a few weeks of time. I'll let you know.^^Yesterday it was around 18 degrees down here and tested again, did several pulls in 2nd and 3rd gear no wheelspin at all, I'm still using the A02B diff and the car allignment settings are shown below. The attachement shows the settings but is in Dutch. Noise from the tires when driving on the highway +/-60miles per hour is also acceptable.Will see what happens with the tires regarding wear as I have a little bit more camber on the rear then previous, hope they will survive at least 5000 miles.attachment.php?attachmentid=148827&d=1332666847At the top from left to right:Frontaxle initial values final values Date Databank tolerancesTotal toe in/out Half toe in/out Max differenceCamber Max difference Caster Max difference KPI Angle Closed in Angle Rearaxle initial values final values Date Databank tolerancesTotal toe in/out Half toe in/out Max differenceCamber Max difference Allignment deviation Thrust angle Track width difference

25032012093.jpg

• 1 month later...

22042012122.jpg22042012123.jpg

^^Sourced an B03B diff to exchange my A02B with, something for coming winter as I want to clear the diff from oxidation and give it some treatment before installation including fresh differential oil.

27042012149.jpg

^^Some adjustments on the rear license plate to get it fit better.

She's looking really nice :thumbs:, regarding the diff, are you going to swap your driveshaft? since the new diff is a little wider (5 mm).

Cheers Jos, yes going to exchange the lot, the package is a complete package from an tt-6 speed ie B03B differential, including the correct propeller shaft and correct rear driveshafts. Propshaft differs in length as the rear left driveshaft.

May I ask you to measure the rear left driveshaft as in this thread http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?267375-big-diff-driveshaft-measurements-please&highlight=driveshaft+measurements?. There is not much info on driveshafts, and am curious if there really is a difference in the driveshaft lengths

^^http://mkiv.com/techarticles/auto_to_6spd_swap/differential/index.html link has moved to http://mkiv.com/techarticles/auto_to_6spd_swap/differential/index.html

When I'm at it I can measure them off course, no problem.

Edited by Mario
MKIV.com has been upgraded. (see edit history)

Thanks, I know the article, but would like to know if Toyota really made the big diff shaft smaller than the small diff one, I bought a used one that should have been from a big diff, but was the same as my small diff (as in my thread), and a small diff shaft still has plenty room to move, 20 mm when the shaft is not at an angle (suspension low).

Had a chat with Robert about this, he was wondering the same.

sorry for the offtopic, I will be silent now :taped:

• 1 month later...

After a few hundreds of miles covered with the above allignment settings, I thought it was better to get a little less camber on all the corners.

So had the supra alligned again,:)

^^Left picture ''Before'' ^^Right picture ''After''

• 2 weeks later...

The build goes on, purchased my first turbokit:)

After loads of nice builds seen, and mainly on this board, I decided to pm Lee P at SRD, and after loads of pm's I started with buying the first part of the build, and that was the turbokit.

Plan is to buy all the parts necessary for the build and then ship the supra towards the UK and drop her at SRD to be single'd which will be sometime next year.:D (will make sure that it is after dragonball 2013:))

Small picture of the turbokit, kit consists out of an HKS tubular manifold, Garrett GT4202R, Tial wastegate+screamer:), 4"downpipe and 4'' midpipe.

!cid_3AE9EB01-0EE1-4BF6-9243-A2E6F3CBFF21.jpg