The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mario's 93 hardtop build

Mario

Is that turbo laying on the concrete on its exhaust wheel... :(

It looks like yes, can't help it i'm affraid, just phoned again today and received this photo, turbokit is now off and will be delivered in a few days of time.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good news Mario. :)

Finally, your Supra gets what it deserves under the hood to match the exterior ;)

Yes she has been good, but it's about time to exchange the sequential set-up to something more reliable, and produces more power with supporting modifications.:)

• 2 months later...

This is the partslist I’m going with for my single turbo conversion, few parts are already purchased and thanks to Lee P, I won’t have to carry them across the North sea twice. Big thanks To Lee P for that.

HKS T4 tubular manifold with Garrett GT4202R P

60 mm Tial WG P

4’’ DP/MP P

4’’ HKS Titanium racing (already installed on the car) P

Carbonetic Tripple Carbon Clutch P

HKS Type-GT 4'' intercooler core P

SRD Radiator P

SRD Custom IC Pipe work

SRD Custom Turbo Heat Shield P

HKS Racing BOV II P

SRD Billet lower water neck P

SRD 280 Cams P

BC Springs and Titanium retainers P

Fuel pressure reg p

Gauge for fpr p

Bosch fuel line kit (ie fittings, filters, check valves) p

ID 1000cc Injectors p

Fuel rail p

dual Bosch 044 + fiting kit P

FPD removal Line P

SRD Custom Oil Cooler P

Syvecs ECU P

Sensors for syvecs

Syvecs Display P

SRD Radiator P

NGK Racing plugs p

Still need to purchase a load of parts from the shoppinglist but the beginning is there, and more exciting times will come:)

For the winter I had In mind to exchange the differential package, so last week I sent my b03b package of to the garage (MRS) to be cleaned up, and to be sprayed in red (same color as my calipers), also the driveshafts will be cleared from oxidation and will be sprayed in a black finish.

And off course exchanging the differential oil with fresh 75W90. Can take a while, as I sent it out as being an very low priority item.:)

Edited by Mario
partslist update (see edit history)

Luxluc

Wow...nice list Mario.
;)

Is this the project for next winter??

^^Yes, the single turbo conversion will be something for next year in the mean time purchasing and doing research of all the parts and bits on the list, but for me the conversion started when I bought the turbokit;)

Have also some small bits that need sorting inbetween like the B03B diff and associated parts, also some braided steel brake lines all around nothing major really. It keeps me busy.

mitchell9006

Nice! car deserves single turbo

^^Totally agree:d

• 1 month later...

Supra and GT86.jpg

Arrived two days ago at the Toyota dealer, just for the exchange of my battery. There was an GT86 in the workshop too so had to take an picture. :D

But anyhow, I came there to exchange my battery as mine was losing its charge within minutes after disconnecting it from the charger. The previously installed AC Delco served me for three years, now changed over to an Toyota battery with ‘’part number 28800-YZZHA’’.

The new battery fits without any modification into the oem battery tray.

battery change.jpg

During exchange I noticed that my Radiator was leaking coolant to atmos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf86eHx_Kyk

Time to get that picked up as well, got my hands on a good 2nd hand oem radiator to exchange mine with.

getting the exchanged radiator filled up with coolant..jpg

^^Getting the exchanged radiator filled up with coolant,

My differential will be ready within weeks from now which is a good thing as thereafter I can drop my supra at the body shop to get some minor things done.

Regarding the single turbo conversion parts, I agreed with Lee to get two Bosch 044’s and 1000cc injectors and an fuel rail instead of one and 800cc injectors, which will give me a bit of headroom, parts list is updated as well.

• 3 months later...
Nice touch on the Diff Mario. ;)

Cheers Luc, looks much better then a corroded diff. Hope that with this diff I can make an 200mph run in the standing mile when it's single'd and all finished.

Still have my eyes open for an 3.1 final drive;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A picture from two, three weeks ago, showing the rear when I gave her a good wash. Yesterday busy to get everything under the bonnet a good clean, few pictures added showing the motor compartment after a good clean.

attachment.php?attachmentid=169111&d=1368176301attachment.php?attachmentid=169108&d=1368176057

attachment.php?attachmentid=169109&d=1368176128

attachment.php?attachmentid=169110&d=1368176199

clean 4.jpg

engine cleanup 2.jpg

clean 3.jpg

20042013426.jpg