The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Window Tints

Josh

Tint or no tint  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Tint or no tint

I could get you some of mine but it's only tinted on the rear and qtr glass. It looks nice from the outside, but I don't like the drop is visibility for night motorway driving so will be removing them soon.

How dark are the tints, limo black or light smoke etc?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah maybe on the Isle of Wight mate, but not here on the mainland :p

Since it is too expensive to the leave the island... I am not aware of your trends. Here on the island we like to access our cars like the duke boys... so we have our windows taped over and bin lined, it gives us that quick escape option when we are running from angry folk.

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I have removed the tint from my rear screen as it was starting to flake. It looks like the film had been on for many many years.

The only problem I now have is how to remove the adhesive left behind. Have tried petrol, White spirit, tar remover and sticky stuff remover. 3 hours of work and only about 15% removed!

At this rate I will just replace the rear screen! It also looks terrible at the moment.

Can anyone shed light on the right stuff to use.

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I have removed the tint from my rear screen as it was starting to flake. It looks like the film had been on for many many years.

The only problem I now have is how to remove the adhesive left behind. Have tried petrol, White spirit, tar remover and sticky stuff remover. 3 hours of work and only about 15% removed!

At this rate I will just replace the rear screen! It also looks terrible at the moment.

Can anyone shed light on the right stuff to use.

I`ve the same issue, but the tints still on mine, its god damn awful - done by a blind man.

I was going to post this question before i began so interested to see the answer!

How did you remove the tint?

How did you remove the tint?

Just picked at a corner until there was enough raised to grab hold of and gently peeled it off. Had been applied in 3 sections.

After the bottom piece was off there was a lip to get hold of on the middle piece and the same with the top.

Since it is too expensive to the leave the island... I am not aware of your trends. Here on the island we like to access our cars like the duke boys... so we have our windows taped over and bin lined, it gives us that quick escape option when we are running from angry folk.

I like the idea of jumping through the window, I think I'll do the same on my car. Looks kind of cool, now to find a bin liner :D

• 2 months later...
Here is my old supra with limo tint I done myself. Only stayed on for an hour then reverted back to normal as it was to dark.

That looks frickin awesome, but then again, I have always been a bit of a lover of tinted windows :)(even though I haven't had them for some time now)