The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tjz engineering ?????

crispy

What was done wrong?

From the texts I've had from Al during the fault finding I think it would be a shorter list to put what was done right. Hasn't ran right from day 1, wrong loom used and chopped etc. Lack of understanding on how the car works, sequential issues, boost issues, misfire issues etc etc.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy looks like he did the conversion with one eye, while wearing an eye patch over it and only 2 fingers on each hand, shocking workmanship!!!

The fuel line you spotted on the ramp was the best one, My mechanic said the second jubilee clip is not even clamped to anything and just restricting fuel

What was done wrong?

From a live put in to a fuse slot and held in with the efi fuse to the rad hose jubilee clip on the wonk so its only half holding on and it leaking boost in to the charcoal canester as some of the pipes were wrong, Not to mention it kept cutting out every 500 yards. I will be doing a detailed thread when i get the report

I don't want to start a war here, but I'll join in!

I have had discussions with Little Matt when he first came on here touting his wares. I even sold him some parts, which is another story.

Blackie has told me the state of his car after months of "work" that was carried out at TJZ Engineering, and it seems like a complete joke.

I won't be buying, selling, or discussing these people any more, and it saddens me to see such a decent member of this forum treated like this.

I don't know what his reputation is like on driftworks, but I'm hoping that unless they get their act together, it stays rather muddy on here.

I hate people like that they should go away and die !!
:thumbs: There seems too be alot of this going on at the moment, you would have thought with such little work on the go with cut-backs, lay offs etc, garages and tuners would be trying to keep a good reputation! , hope you get it sorted soon fella, best of luck

:thumbs: There seems too be alot of this going on at the moment, you would have thought with such little work on the go with cut-backs, lay offs etc, garages and tuners would be trying to keep a good reputation! , hope you get it sorted soon fella, best of luck

Its funny, You'd thinks so wouldent you? i went to him as i didnt want to wait a month on Kerons waiting list and i wanted to save money, Now its cost me about a grand more and five months more than with Keron

this tjz engineering sound like a bit of a shoddy organisation, where are tjz engineering based? Are tjz engineering willing to refund you any money? What have tjz engineering said in regards to the car? I would hate for tjz engineering to do this to other people. Shame on tjz engineering.

No 5 :D

this tjz engineering sound like a bit of a shoddy organisation, where are tjz engineering based? Are tjz engineering willing to refund you any money? What have tjz engineering said in regards to the car? I would hate for tjz engineering to do this to other people. Shame on tjz engineering.

Bob Dole!!!

Oops, I mean.....

TJZ Engineering!!!

Its funny, You'd thinks so wouldent you? i went to him as i didnt want to wait a month on Kerons waiting list and i wanted to save money, Now its cost me about a grand more and five months more than with Keron

Nothing worse than being on the end of a job that doesn't live up to it's promises and then costs you a fortune to rectify, hope you get it sorted Blackie, what a nightmare fella.

Now I wonder if the OP is going to stick with it :D

I'll call you tomorrow Alan as I would like to know what exactly was done wrong with the car. As I told you, we had it running sweet as a nut for 30 miles after sorting several faults and it was only when you drove it away that it died.

You said you understood how busy I was and didn't want to wait for me to fix it so wanted to try the Supra loom, so was happy to take the car somewhere else. I of course, would have fixed it even if it meant ripping it all apart and starting again. I hope Alan, you don't feel I've ignored you at any time. You seemed perfectly happy last time I spoke and saw you. It is a shame the car still isn't right but as we both know...it has been a nightmare since day 1.

I'll call you tomorrow Alan as I would like to know what exactly was done wrong with the car. As I told you, we had it running sweet as a nut for 30 miles after sorting several faults and it was only when you drove it away that it died.

You said you understood how busy I was and didn't want to wait for me to fix it so wanted to try the Supra loom, so was happy to take the car somewhere else. I of course, would have fixed it even if it meant ripping it all apart and starting again. I hope Alan, you don't feel I've ignored you at any time. You seemed perfectly happy last time I spoke and saw you. It is a shame the car still isn't right but as we both know...it has been a nightmare since day 1.

So from the "You drove it and it died" Its my fault? I wasent over happy having my car trailered away from yours but as you told me and Chris on the phone you were closing the company at the end of the month as you didnt have a mechanic anymore. You have had the car for six months (Including me driving it home nearly 200 miles and then having to bring it back to you when it was ready to break down at a drop of a hat) so possibly it was enough time for ""Ripping it out and starting again"? I had to get a loom as it was the only way of getting it sorted with your company "closing" what other choice did i have? Even if you were not closing, what? keep it for another six months? When i got it back from you it was smoking, cutting out, i just couldnt trust it so missed a few of the shows this year. Matt, You're a nice bloke, Seriously, But you f***** my car royaly.

Edited by Blackie (see edit history)

I'm not saying for a moment any of the problems are your fault Alan, it's an intermittent fault. Nature of them being they crop whenever they feel like it. As mentioned, we did 30 odd miles absolutely fine 48hrs before you collected the car. It died on me as well returning to the workshop.

I have worked to resolve the majority of the problems...it's unfortunate I've lost staff through illness and that I can't spend as much time as I'd like on cars but there is only so many hours in the day.

I am closing the workshop end of the month, company is staying very much open. I am re-organising things to do just one car at a time at another premises.

I will call you tomorrow Alan, have a chat about things.

Another "Brilliant" review

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/tjz-engineering/149176-would-i-recommend-tjz-engineering.html

Comments on the company closing "Nowhere even close to going belly up. I'm not entirely sure where these rumours have come from but they are completely untrue" They come from you Matt, You told both me and Chris this on the phone

Edited by Blackie (see edit history)

Another "Brilliant" review

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/tjz-...gineering.html

Comments on the company closing "Nowhere even close to going belly up. I'm not entirely sure where these rumours have come from but they are completely untrue" They come from you Matt, You told both me and Chris this on the phone

*pssst* link fail ;)

I'm going to need to take shares out in popcorn at this rate :D :Popcorn: