The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tjz engineering ?????

crispy

Matt rang me yesterday for about half hour, Totally denied he told me and another person that he was closing the business but actually he ment the workshop and once again told me i was happy to take my car away from there, On a trailer, Not running right. As i explained again as he was shutting down i wanted to get my car away from there as quick as possible as i know of other companys shutting with cars being left there and it causes a whole world of problems, So no, After spending the money i did to have a non running car i was not happy. I asked for some sort of compensation even if it was the price of the loom or the money i had to pay to get my car dragged away but it was a flat no. Pictures to come tonight of some of the awesome stuff that was done.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, it was an Aristo engine that was fitted so the loom needed splicing. We had a major problem with the engine that we used having had the igniter cut off at some point and the company that supplied me then engine twist and taping a new igniter onto the 14 or so wires that were there. No consideration was taken in putting the right wires to the right wires and it was then loomed up and hidden in the main part of the loom. This took at least 10 weeks to find out there was this horrendous problem. Couple of days and it was fixed. The engine was in the car after just a couple of weeks, had this been a straight Supra engine for Supra engine, I'm sure there would be no issues and it would have been done in 2 or 3 days. But it was a conversion, they take time. Unfortunately Alan's still isn't right. I will continue to deny ever saying I'm closing the business...I don't know why I'd want to. Workshop is closing...this point has been reiterated time and time again.

Alan took his car from me for about 6 weeks before it came back, with the faults. I fixed 7 of them and had I had the chance would have fixed the last remaining intermitent cutting out issue. I called Alan to pick the car up having spent 2 days and 30+ miles testing the car and seeing no faults.

Alan's reason for collecting the car was that he didn't want to have to wait weeks and weeks knowing how busy I was and he wanted to try the Supra loom onto Aristo engine to fix the problems. There was no mention of the company closing and he wanting the car out of there. At the time Alan came to collect the car after I'd thought I'd fixed it, I had only just decided to close the workshop and still wasn't sure about it.

"I will continue to deny ever saying I'm closing the business...." if you didnt have Chris's Supra there and him over a barrel i know he would be here to back me up that you did say it.

"Alan took his car from me for about 6 weeks before it came back, with the faults". As i told you on the phone i drove it about 100 miles when i got it home and it wasent right, I had the RAC out twice to it for its cutting out. in the six weeks i had it back it wasent driven,As i told you and you said to tailor it up to you wheres i didnt have the money. I even missed Japfest as couldent trust it.

"having spent 2 days and 30+ miles testing" You had the car two weeks and spent two days on it, you knew the date we were passing to pick up the 350z and you started looking at it two days before then

"Alan's reason for collecting the car was that he didn't want to have to wait weeks and weeks knowing how busy I was" It was, and still is because you were shutting down but to be honest i wouldent of left it for another six months with you for nothing to be done

Pictures of the bodges coming soon FYI

For the record, it was an Aristo engine that was fitted so the loom needed splicing. We had a major problem with the engine that we used having had the igniter cut off at some point and the company that supplied me then engine twist and taping a new igniter onto the 14 or so wires that were there. No consideration was taken in putting the right wires to the right wires and it was then loomed up and hidden in the main part of the loom. This took at least 10 weeks to find out there was this horrendous problem. Couple of days and it was fixed. The engine was in the car after just a couple of weeks, had this been a straight Supra engine for Supra engine, I'm sure there would be no issues and it would have been done in 2 or 3 days. But it was a conversion, they take time.

I can understand and relate to that and its not nice experience. Admittingly i judged a bit to soon just going off what ive read but the basic swap of the engine is easy as pie and can be done in a a few hours including the swapping of the sump.

Im not taking sides here but i can understand frustrations like you encountered, especially the hidden ones. Wiring can be a nightmare when tinkered with before hand especially when you dont know its been messed with before.

I hold my final judgement untill i see these pictures.

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

I hold my final judgement untill i see these pictures.

Well thats sounds fair, Heres the fuel line next to the filter to start. Im still waiting for descriptions of what the other pictures are (Bloody mechanics eh?) As you can see the jubilee clip is actually resricting fuel. We dont know why this was even done as the double banjo fuel line is the same on an N/a, a tt or and Aristo

This is the pipe going to the powersteering swirlpot, Nearly doubled back over to fit. Notice the big slits in it. The speed sensor plug for the powersteering wasent plugged in ether

Edited by Blackie (see edit history)

I can see where this is going :blink:

Now that's confusing as to why one would do that!

can you see my bitterness now? Its muggins that has to pay for all this to be fixed. That swirlpot pipe is not bent back for the picture, Thats how it actually was fitted

the more i read the more im glad i just traded in my NA for a TT, looks like ive saved myself time and hassel. feel sorry for al though, he was wanting the conversions done more than i was when i was speaking to him at the pod last year :( hopefully its all sorted soon(ish) so you can start making the end of the show season and mainly pod!

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

One of the many broken plugs. I was told it was "How TT's go" And mine was heavy "due To the bodykit and filer" Baileyjdm, A washing machine/House hold appliance servicer, worked out in about a 5 min that the second turbo wasent coming in as the vsv plug wasent on

Wtf?

A kinky kinky breather by the looks of it, lol

Above the cams, apparently when its running (when) it sucks air through there (Trys anyway)

well slap my knee and call me John, that is one serious **** up. Matt has some serious explaining to do???

I have reserved commenting on this untill pictures have been shown as i did not want to jump on the bandwagon slating people left right and centre, but that is shocking. you pay good money (over the odds, waaaaay over the odds) for a job and it is done very very poorly. My mate (Richlift) got his 5 speed na converted to tt by AFR, they did the bpu while they were at it, from the engine bay you can not tell it used to be an na, it is perfect, the attention to detail and dedication was spot on, following it being converted they dyno'd it (403 bhp!) and found a problem with the fuel system which would not of shown up if they had just handed it over as it sounded and ran fine at first glance. You need a decent garage to sort it out dude, i would talk to trading standards as it vould turn into a money pit trying to work out what has and hasnt been done. good luck

If a lot of the money doesn't trade hands back the way I would be getting in touch with trading standards.

That is absolutely shocking, the live connected into a fuse cup is just dangerous and asking for trouble.

Not surprised the place is having problems if that's the standards they work to. I wouldn't take my car there to have my tyre inflated.