The mkiv Supra Owners Club

to keep the spoiler or to completely de spoiler the supra??

bobbywarne1983

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So all those MASSIVE bhp supras in the states with no spoilers are crashing all the time yeah? no... i'm afraid they're not.

I love the spoilerless look, best decision i've made with my car by a long shot, i do think the lip i have makes a nice differance too though. I like the stock spoiler as well, either would look nice on your car.

and as a bearer of some bad news... i regognised your car from barryboys - http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34292

Not all the time, but look at their crashes compared to ours, they flip and roll and crush...ooooh ahhh there you go. Think outside the box buddy, youve been given a brain, use it properly. The curves on the stock boot dont provide enough downforce.

Spoilers PROVIDE, EXTRA STABILITY.

Not all the time, but look at their crashes compared to ours, they flip and roll and crush...ooooh ahhh there you go. Think outside the box buddy, youve been given a brain, use it properly. The curves on the stock boot dont provide enough downforce.

Spoilers PROVIDE, EXTRA STABILITY.

I swear to god your a 12 year old trolling this site sometimes... "but look at their crashes compared to ours, they flip and roll and crush...ooooh ahhh there you go. Think outside the box buddy" your truly in a world of your own.. You seem happy there, so i'm not even going to argue.

Hmms,

I thought I had read somewhere in the past (probably on here) that the spoiler was fitted by Mr T to stabilise the car under hard braking

That's exactly what it does. I know from experience with various Supras, all with different suspension, brake and wheel/tyre setups, that heavy braking from around 100mph results in loss of traction from the back without the spoiler. The back of car squirms, and braking distance is increased significantly.

What we need is a wind tunnel for the day and do some testing, no wing, o/e wing, trd wing :)

I think the mkiv looks good in all the above and have had all the above.

The wings must do something as you can't just stick something this big into the airflow and it make no differance. The down force/stability will be noticed at much higher than your daily average speeds where the car will rely on mechanical grip.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I think the supra looks nice with or without the spoiler. But if u take off thT sard spoiler you will notice a big diffrents in the way the car handles. When I changed my standard spoiler to the APR one i have now I noticed a big diffrents in the way the cat handled. Its Alot more stable with the APR on. If u just had the standard one on it wouldn't make much diffrents if u went spoilerless. Take the sard one off and go for a blast and see the

Diffrents it makes

I think they look at their best, and less dated, with no skirts and no spoiler at all. It's one of those cars that is very easy to make look like a refugee from some low end Jap tuning mag, rather than the svelte and well proportioned basic shape it is. Probably an age thing, but too much "stuff" on them cheapens them, IMO.