The mkiv Supra Owners Club

to keep the spoiler or to completely de spoiler the supra??

bobbywarne1983

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Do we have this complete document as a resource on the site? If not I will get a copy uploaded. Makes for some interesting reading. It's predominately for the US market but is still relevant to all MKIV's.

Well here is the Toyota justification for the spoiler. Believe it or not. They spent the money developing the car and I very much doubt they would have spent money making a component if they didn't have to.

IMHO the Supra was made to have a spoiler and just looks like it's missing something when its not there. It was all about in your face design and the spoiler is one of the iconic elements of this image.

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)

well as promised here is the final result from spending all day yesterday on the spoiler.

this was the easy part taking the blade off, but the arms were bolted and tiger sealed down, and we tried everything, welding wire, scaples, stanley knife, hacksaw blade, but finally got got them off by running metal fishing wire which glided through it like butter, does mean i have to respray my boot lid now but i feel it was worth it.

bootless look...

and now with a full carbon trd spoiler.

im really happy with the result.

The trd did cover some scratches, but I'm going to prep it ready for spraying and my dads friend said he would spray it for me so it shouldn't cost me much at all. Now all I need is some other carbon goodies so the spoiler doesnt get lonely lol.

Don't go too mad though, as it's pretty sorted right now. ;)

Don't go too mad though, as it's pretty sorted right now. ;)

O I won't be going mad trust me, just needs something on the rear, was looking into a carbon diffuser. Other then that I don't think I'm after anything else, maybe some spats.

Yea I did like my spoiler to when I first got it but I just had a change of heart and I got the money I wanted for it, and it's gone to a new home now so I'm happy both ways.

O I won't be going mad trust me, just needs something on the rear, was looking into a carbon diffuser. Other then that I don't think I'm after anything else, maybe some spats.

Yea I did like my spoiler to when I first got it but I just had a change of heart and I got the money I wanted for it, and it's gone to a new home now so I'm happy both ways.

Let me find the diffuser set with side spats I saw somewhere......no need for painting then. ebay order from States though. £436 plus shipping. Email for quote but it will be circa $200 or £150 with customs etc. at a guess. Would suit the car down to the ground!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-MKIV-JZA80-Supra-Rear-Diffuser-Carbon-Fiber-Bodykit-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem563fb4e766QQitemZ370436007782QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This guy has one and the carbon lip as well under his TRD wing.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/309793/1995-toyota-supra

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)