The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished the lighting loom and fuse box today.

Had to extend some wires which go to the bulb holders, which were soldered and heatshrink applied. I cable tied off some of the loom to make it neater and finished the loom off with black insulation tape. Test fitted the light and its DONE!!! had so many headaches with this but im very happy with the results.

couple of snaps i took.

attachment.php?attachmentid=136906&stc=1&d=1312621294

attachment.php?attachmentid=136907&stc=1&d=1312621294

attachment.php?attachmentid=136908&stc=1&d=1312621294

attachment.php?attachmentid=136909&stc=1&d=1312621294

attachment.php?attachmentid=136910&stc=1&d=1312621294

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

Not sure why, but with the attention to detail here I was surprised to see the inside of the bumper wasn't painted?

I am not suggesting you should though.

On mine, you can see the inside of the bumper under the intercooler which i want to spray black so while its off rob you might wanna spray the inside

Finished the gearbox oil cooler pipes today. I was not happy with the brackets so i stripped the back and done them again. happy now though.

Had a call from the chromers and got another batch of goodies done and they are on there way to me, i think he did me about 200 stock nuts and bolts plus some hose clips too... good man.

attachment.php?attachmentid=136983&stc=1&d=1312810180

attachment.php?attachmentid=136984&stc=1&d=1312810180

attachment.php?attachmentid=136985&stc=1&d=1312810180

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

I've heard of a few turbos failing due to the excess heat. With the blanket on there's nowhere for the heat to go that the turbo produces. With a heat shield, the heat can disperce out the sides and the back.

whiffbitz race cars run them all the time, so thats good enough for me. I have heard good things from these and my mate has one on his RX7 and helps a great deal with reducing under bonnet temperature.

looking good rob ,when will it be finished.

hoping by early next year if i pull my finger out. Got lee coming down to do the loom in a few weeks so then the engine can go in complete. Then its just a case of fitting the rad, gearbox coolers then intercooler. Then ill trailor it the SRD for him to finish.