94 members have voted

1. 1. Single Or Skyline

• Go Single And Keep The Supra
    • Get Your Dream car And Buy A R34 Skyline

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bayside blue is a bit common on the GTR for my liking, I've always prefered white, or money no option how about a NUR spec in Millenium Jade. :cool:

Stunning colour, I'm almost positive that exact car is owned by someone in Scotland. I love the colour of the silver nurs "sparkling silver" I think ...

http://nissan-skyline-gtr.com/r34/r34-gtr-nur-ztune-kit.jpg

They do eat up the spare change when things go wrong especially on highly tuned versions then again I doubt it's being bought as an economical run around.

Stunning colour, I'm almost positive that exact car is owned by someone in Scotland. I love the colour of the silver nurs "sparkling silver" I think ...

http://nissan-skyline-gtr.com/r34/r34-gtr-nur-ztune-kit.jpg

They do eat up the spare change when things go wrong especially on highly tuned versions then again I doubt it's being bought as an economical run around.

There was a guy up here (Aberdeen) that owned one. He sold it recently. Not sure if it stayed in the country or not.

Thats why I had my car resprayed I Nissan Bayside Blue :blush:

They do look so so nice:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9810/skylinevp.jpg

Thats mine, or was I just sold it.

A standard R34 will feel slow and heavy compared to a Supra. I remember when I drove mine back from the dealer I was dissapointed with the lack of torque. Build quality isn't as good either.

People are always winging about the 'Skyline Tax' on tuning parts but done properly they're very quick and reliable and the fancy electronics put the power down very well. The corning ability is the most impressive aspect of the car. Mine had around 600ps and was a joy to drive, but just wasn't as much fun as the Supra. Personally I'd use the money to buy a properly tuned single.

Thats mine, or was I just sold it.

A standard R34 will feel slow and heavy compared to a Supra. I remember when I drove mine back from the dealer I was dissapointed with the lack of torque. Build quality isn't as good either.

People are always winging about the 'Skyline Tax' on tuning parts but done properly they're very quick and reliable and the fancy electronics put the power down very well. The corning ability is the most impressive aspect of the car. Mine had around 600ps and was a joy to drive, but just wasn't as much fun as the Supra. Personally I'd use the money to buy a properly tuned single.

a proper tuned single R34?

a proper tuned single R34?

No a Supra.

Been in a big single R34 with around 700ps and that thing was just bonkers. Tuned by Top Secret (his second R34) but I'd still rather have a Supra, just have to be a lot more careful with the right foot.

Supra for me all day long.

I hate skyline's, they look like a chav car in suit.

?

Er, ok.:blink:

It's tough dude..! Have you considered keeping the supra and saving for a R-35 instead..! Personally I would not get rid of the supra ever..! they are such rare beautifull cars..! Make the interior luxurious and drop 600+bhp and you have something as special as a 200k lambo or ferrari..!

The Skyline will never have that elegance...!

I had an R34 GTR for about a year and loved it to pieces, best car I've ever owned. Power wise it was only mildly modded as well with just an exhaust and decat and I never got bored with it, they do make you want to drive fast everywhere though!

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/R34front.jpg

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/r34side.jpg

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/r34rear.jpg

I had an R34 GTR for about a year and loved it to pieces, best car I've ever owned. Power wise it was only mildly modded as well with just an exhaust and decat and I never got bored with it, they do make you want to drive fast everywhere though!

Looks the nuts Paul. I remember you telling me about it when i mentioned it at your garage... They just look the dogs balls... ;)

Well i have a few months to deside what to do... People feel free to post up your opinions and vote.

Thanks

Paul

you cant argue with the performance and quality of the skyline . but in my most humble of opinions from a looks point of veiw its no were near the supra.

the reason i baught a supra originally before i had any idea about them was purly becuase of the stunning timeless shape. i look at i a skyline and they do nothing for me.

presonally id single a supra every time.

The Toyota is far better built than the Nissan, no doubt, but it's also heavier for the amount of "stuff" there. I still love GTS models with 2 wheel drive though, as they are so much lighter and simpler. And of course, cheap as chips to buy a base model and modify. R34's do have an alarming tendency to rust, so you need to be sure any cars you look at aren't festering away underneath!!

• 4 weeks later...