The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My hammerite diy respray

evinX

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know i should get one, but i dont have spare £££ so to hell with it!!!!! :(

Its true, when i painted in the garage my nose hairs got clogged badly, when i took a tissue black tar like residue came out and made all my nose hairs stick together, also you can feel it on your skin...pah im only doing it once, if i go down b&q ill try to get one

you really should consider it, i've seen them for around £20. granted, its a lot more than 99p but a hell of a lot less than a set of lungs ;)

good luck on it mate, i'm spraying mine myself at the moment so i can appreciate the work involved when trying to do it at home with limited resources (doing mine in a wooden shed lined with plastic)

you really should consider it, i've seen them for around £20. granted, its a lot more than 99p but a hell of a lot less than a set of lungs ;)

good luck on it mate, i'm spraying mine myself at the moment so i can appreciate the work involved when trying to do it at home with limited resources (doing mine in a wooden shed lined with plastic)

cool! make a respray thread, i do love to see respray projects dude! :)

i did think about it mate but so far i have 240 pics of various stages and wouldnt know which ones to use. also, if it all goes wrong and i dont have a thread i can pretend it never happened :D

so far only the boot spoiler needs repainting cos when i was flatting the laquer i went too far and ended up back on the primer on the edge

i did think about it mate but so far i have 240 pics of various stages and wouldnt know which ones to use. also, if it all goes wrong and i dont have a thread i can pretend it never happened :D

so far only the boot spoiler needs repainting cos when i was flatting the laquer i went too far and ended up back on the primer on the edge

Yup, its happened to me, i guess when your painting some corners/edges dont get enough layers as you concentrate on the centre of the panel a bit more, this time put some more coats of clear on:)

do the thread, pic out a few of each stages, go on! if i mess up...which i wont!!:D then ill have to take the stick, man up:D

if i mess up...which i wont!!:D then ill have to take the stick, man up:D

lol, you are a lot braver than me mate. i'll post some when its done (picking out the best angles ;) ). i've just got a sideskirt, spat, front bumper and headlights left to put back on (apart from re-doing the spoiler) so i'm not far away now but i've been at it for about 2 months on and off so far.

paper masks with small filter on front will be fine for a single job. Im not talking about the full cup ones that dont have a little filter on the front as they are crap.

the paper ones with small filter on front are designed to last one job. Can get them from B&Q etc... for under £5.

By the way you know how well they are working by the colour of your boogies :D

I test these for a living - we give them the CE mark.

As said already the 3M type ones are ideal we do all 3M's testing, if you're being a tight arse though at least go for a 'P3' classed half face mask.

The ratings are P1, P2, P3, with the P3 being the best. The 'small filters on the front' are actually exhale valves that disperse the CO2 you breath out ;) The rating will be a P3V or P3CV, these denote 'valved' and 'carbon valved', the carbon valve holds back some of the odour.

You have fold flat and moulded ones, the folt flat are pretty shite really for this job and you should be at least looking at the moulded one use jobbies.

Edited by Paul (see edit history)

I test these for a living - we give them the CE mark.

As said already the 3M type ones are ideal we do all 3M's testing, if you're being a tight arse though at least go for a 'P3' classed half face mask.

The ratings are P1, P2, P3, with the P3 being the best. The 'small filters on the front' are actually exhale valves that disperse the CO2 you breath out ;) The rating will be a P3V or P3CV, these denote 'valved' and 'carbon valved', the carbon valve holds back some of the odour.

You have fold flat and moulded ones, the folt flat are pretty $#@!e really for this job and you should be at least looking at the moulded one use jobbies.

What if i just wear 2-3 of the ones i got? i did get a pack of 20:D

You die !? What crap have you got, what's the P rating and the CE number?

I duno i already threw away the pack they came in:search:

I dont care, im just going to get on with it, when i painted my neighbours car parts in my garage i just sprayed with the right hand and a wet cloth in the left to my nose and mouth and it was fine, when i could start to smell the paint i dipped it in the bucket of water i left outside the door:D

I duno i already threw away the pack they came in:search:

I dont care, im just going to get on with it, when i painted my neighbours car parts in my garage i just sprayed with the right hand and a wet cloth in the left to my nose and mouth and it was fine, when i could start to smell the paint i dipped it in the bucket of water i left outside the door:D

I give up :D I'm busting a nut to help save the world and all they want to do is snort bloody hammerite up their noses :search:

This is just like michael jacksons last tour, everyone said he wouldn't make it, I'm hoping for a different out come here! :D

Good work so far, I did think at the start this was going to go horribly horribly wrong BUT so far you've proved me wrong! Just stop being a tight arse and buy the proper breathing apparatus!! :D

This is just like michael jacksons last tour, everyone said he wouldn't make it, I'm hoping for a different out come here! :D

Good work so far, I did think at the start this was going to go horribly horribly wrong BUT so far you've proved me wrong! Just stop being a tight arse and buy the proper breathing apparatus!! :D

Nooo i need to get more parts for the supra, forget my health...:dseriously im going to buy the parts i need.