The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AP Racing 6 Pots have arrived (pics)

jevansio

cool mate, might go for a set of these next year at some point, they look the nuts.

You finding a difference with the stopping power using these compared to the UK fronts?

Oh yes, I'm still not through the 200+ mile bed in procedure, (although I will be by the end of the weekend), I think if you ask any BBK owner they will give you the same answer, are they essential, no, are they great, oh yes :D

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imi, don't worry, the fact the UK specs are inferior isn't going to detract from your £18k price tag :p

tut tut

my take on fancy brakes - not worth the price tag for feel and looks - I am sure on track it will make a difference however my car is a street car for public roads - personally I dont delude myself in thinking its some sort of hypercar ;)

Good luck with your sale too.....carry on bigging it up as if you need a ARDS license to drive it - :D

Nice one a bite, now I can go to town (in my thread) which I couldn't do before :D

Street car... called "Blackwidow", it's a fucking disgrace to the 911 GT2 which coined the name, better off calling it "FuckingCarWhichCan'tGoOver3kRpm"

I don't know what an ARDS is, but I have no outstanding sale, I I drop my prices when I find they're extravagently priced for what they are ;)

Nice one a bite, now I can go to town (in my thread) which I couldn't do before :D

Street car... called "Blackwidow", it's a $#@!ing disgrace to the 911 GT2 which coined the name, better off calling it "$#@!ingCarWhichCan'tGoOver3kRpm"

I don't know what an ARDS is, but I have no outstanding sale, I I drop my prices when I find they're extravagently priced for what they are ;)

sounding desperate........here, this will make you feel better :kiss:

In regards to ARDS - here is a healthy tip - GOOGLE - can help the ignorant. ;)

sounding desperate........here, this will make you feel better :kiss:

In regards to ARDS - here is a healthy tip - GOOGLE - can help stop most looking ignorant. ;)

I couldn't give a fuck bud, I still thick you're a prick trying to sell an over priced car

I couldn't give a $#@! bud, I still thick you're a prick trying to sell an over priced car

its THINK.....think you are getting worked up here. I shall leave you with your opinions and thoughts...I dont need them.

Good luck with your sale. BYE.

Close the door on your way out, bye :p

as if I need your permission......:rlol:

shame to see what looks like a good car owned and driven by a complete twat.....oh well, the sooner it sells the better chance there is to rectify that.

as if I need your permission......:rlol:

shame to see what looks like a good car owned and driven by a complete twat.....oh well, the sooner it sells the better chance there is to rectify that.

You need to wind your neck back in Imi, all you posts just seem to be on the wind up.

What forsale thread are you going on about?

What tools did you need to fit these mate? And what size are your wheel nuts?

Just need to know what to pack when I come up next month! :innocent:

Rob, ya buggar, I typed a full response out to that then re-read & spotted the funny :p

Car is looking great Jay.

That camera you have there certainly does the business, very impressive indeed.

I am sure you will love the brakes performance wise, and they certainly look great too!

Cheers Pud, now I know how you felt when the D2's went on :)

Looking good Jay, glad you got the fitting problems sorted in the end :thumbs:

i'm sure one of CW's post mentioned that there shouldn't be any difference in stopping power compared to the UK or even the J-Spec ones.

I have made the following assumptions when working this out:

- AP disc diameter 362mm

- AP CP5555 caliper (38.1mm, 31.75mm and 27mm pistons, uses a 54mm depth pad)

- Same coefficient of friction between UK and AP setups

- All pads sit 0.25mm in from the edge of the disc

A front AP setup based on these numbers yields 1.18% more braking force than the stock UK setup. I don't have any data for the J spec brakes but if someone has the piston size, pad depth and disc diameter I will work it out.

The mechanical braking force calculations obviously ignore the BBK benefits of unsprung weight reduction, potentially wider pad selection, reduction in pad knock back and the associated improvement in feel, consistency, and predictibility.

Jay - if you let me know the actual disc diameter I will amend the numbers.

Looking good Jay, glad you got the fitting problems sorted in the end :thumbs:

I have made the following assumptions when working this out:

- AP disc diameter 362mm

- AP CP5555 caliper (38.1mm, 31.75mm and 27mm pistons, uses a 54mm depth pad)

- Same coefficient of friction between UK and AP setups

- All pads sit 0.25mm in from the edge of the disc

A front AP setup based on these numbers yields 1.18% more braking force than the stock UK setup. I don't have any data for the J spec brakes but if someone has the piston size, pad depth and disc diameter I will work it out.

The mechanical braking force calculations obviously ignore the BBK benefits of unsprung weight reduction, potentially wider pad selection, reduction in pad knock back and the associated improvement in feel, consistency, and predictibility.

Jay - if you let me know the actual disc diameter I will amend the numbers.

Get out much:eyebrows: