The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AP Racing 6 Pots have arrived (pics)

jevansio

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bells seem to have a countersunk hole in them for a retaining screw, the MKIV doesn't use that type of retention, in fact just the wheels hold them on. Not saying the bells are wrong, but might as well check the part numbers of them with AP, too. I'd ring AP direct to check this out myself. There'll be two sets of brackets listed for the MKIV fronts, for the two different disc diameters. Good luck, off to Oulton now to do some mapping, weather looks shakey.... :)

Thanks Chris, I'm going to ring both AP & DT as soon as 9am passes,

The brackets seem a smidgen to short so the caliper is sitting on the disc,

I got part nos xxxxx-994/995 and I need 996/997 which I hope are the larger of the 2 Supra fitment brackets as 994/995 do actually bolt up perfect with the hub so must be Supra fitment

I am pretty confident on the bells, they are obviuosly 5x114.3 and have a 60.1 bore and the caliper sits central on the disc (albeit a needing a couple of washers to space it away from the hub)

Wow, can't believe the bad luck here, Jay - am in town on Sat, will pop in for a brew.

Cool, with any luck I'll be fitting these :)

Nice :cool:

They look like the ones I have on my supra. Your calipers are in mint condition though, mine are gaggin for a fresh lick of pain.

They do look sexy don't they :D

Right just phoned up DT,

They got onto AP, and AP say the 994/995 brackets I got are exactly the same as the 996/997 apart from a helicoil to alter one of the threads. They are sending diagrams over to me of both bracket sets for me to look at. And we will take it from there.

I did wonder when I was fitting them if I was doing something silly, but there's not a lot to do wrong TBH. Maybe I was mistaken, but I don't think they fit. Will update when I get more info.

Anyone with AP kits who still has the quality control sheet I'ld like to know which ones you got, or anyone who has fitted this kit & AP have sent them the helicoiled 994/995 parts.

I also measured the disc just to make sure it was 356mm incase they're sent me a bigger set by mistake :D

Right just phoned up DT,

They got onto AP, and AP say the 994/995 brackets I got are exactly the same as the 996/997 apart from a helicoil to alter one of the threads. They are sending diagrams over to me of both bracket sets for me to look at. And we will take it from there.

I did wonder when I was fitting them if I was doing something silly, but there's not a lot to do wrong TBH. Maybe I was mistaken, but I don't think they fit. Will update when I get more info.

Anyone with AP kits who still has the quality control sheet I'ld like to know which ones you got, or anyone who has fitted this kit & AP have sent them the helicoiled 994/995 parts.

I also measured the disc just to make sure it was 356mm incase they're sent me a bigger set by mistake :D

Might be worth contacting Michel Lane. He's gone over my car top to bottom so might be able to help with regards to the brakes.

The instructions do seem comprehensive though.

Maybe i was wrong, maybe I did something silly. When they appeared not to fit & I checked the part nos mismatched I immediately went into a rage & just assumed the brackets were wrong, we will see, I'm obviously not the 1st person to fit these so we will get to the bottom in the end, I just hope it doesn't drag on 4 weeks as if it does I ain't going to Suprapod :(

Phoned AP direct, they have confirmed there is only 1 Supra bracket, and the 994/995 are exactly the same as 996/997 (bar the helicoil) and they don't even have diagrams for 996/997 with measurements due to this.

Looks like I'm going to have to go back & retry, taking my time, I was rushing last night as I only had an hour as I was training, tonight I'll do it slower & check everything.

Phoned AP direct, they have confirmed there is only 1 Supra bracket, and the 994/995 are exactly the same as 996/997 (bar the helicoil) and they don't even have diagrams for 996/997 with measurements due to this.

Looks like I'm going to have to go back & retry, taking my time, I was rushing last night as I only had an hour as I was training, tonight I'll do it slower & check everything.

Would it be worth running to the garage on your way home and speaking to Woodsy over it?

Fitted mine a few months back - the brackets were a bitch to get the right way round, and had to have a 1mm shim between the bracket and hub. Best way to figure it out is to test mount a bracket to the calliper (marked for your convenience) for the side you want. Then just hold it in place and see if it looks right - there are only 4 possible combinations, only one of which is right but it instantly LOOKS right when you hit it.

Checking the Q.C. sheet I got 996/7

Edited by Ark (see edit history)