The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AP Racing 6 Pots have arrived (pics)

jevansio

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks Chris & Chris, but I got it figured in the end :D

I was thrown by the mismatched part nos to be honest & it went downhill from there. Attempted tonight again in a cooler fashion & got them on.

So far I only have one side on, need to bleed them & buy an allen key socket set so I can correctly torque the caliper bolts, then do the other side, but I've taken Friday off work to do that :)

Couple of teaser pics, I took some with the wheels on but they came out crap, will wait until Friday & get some full side shots :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=113603&stc=1&d=1279130173

attachment.php?attachmentid=113604&stc=1&d=1279130173

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

Cheers bud, if you don't race the D2/KSport setups seem ideal for the BBK setup without the price tag

Thought the UK brake setup is good enough for race use too in addition to being one of if not the best choice for brakes all round.

mind you they do look lovely - personally cant justify all that dosh just for looks....

imi

Edited by imi (see edit history)

Thought the UK brake setup is good enough for race use too in addition to being one of if not the best choice for brakes all round.

imi

They look nice mate:cool:

But they look sh1t:D

That's pretty much it in a nutshell for me lol. The UK's have taken absolutely everything I have thrown at them but they just don't have the look of the APs. I would take the APs over the Brembos on looks but through reading it would appear the Brembos are better?

The difference will make no odds to me though.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell for me lol. The UK's have taken absolutely everything I have thrown at them but they just don't have the look of the APs. I would take the APs over the Brembos on looks but through reading it would appear the Brembos are better?

The difference will make no odds to me though.

Having driven with both I can honestly say that the AP kit that I have (6 pot fronts, 4 pot rears) are IMHO vastly better than the UK kit.

Don't get me wrong, the UK's are very very good, but when driving really very hard (admittedly probably harder than should be driven on the public road), I've found that the AP kit gave me more confidence not only in the initial bite and overall retardation, but also in the intangible pedal feel.

As a word of warning, I drove with the AP fronts and j-spec rears for a while, and found that the j-spec rear discs were really taking a beating having cracked two sets of disc in fairly short order. So definitely would not recommend just a front upgrade with J-spec rears.

As for Brembo being better than AP, I'd be interested to see a link to the information, as I'm fairly sure they're pretty much identical. The only thing I've seen was a list that had been posted but there wasn't any link to where that data had come from.

Here you go mate, take a look at this link http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=206372

I can supply them with the red road calipers if needed.

Aw man, this could quite easily put my respray on hold. It would look sexy as kitted out in red APs :D

Paul, what's the wait time like on them, is the price still circa £1850 inc VAT? Will the calipers be red with white writing? Cheers

You can't get the rear kit direct from AP in the UK, only from the US. I bought them from Stillen, who advertise them as a Stillen / AP kit, but all of the parts are genuine AP, and are clearly badged as such.

Cheers Tony, I think Pauls idea above is the way I would go though

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)