IF i was to strip my car can i have some advice on prices of parts please

L33

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i never got the pm, pi$$ed or sober lol

not sure how you can say its not worth any where near 8k as a breaker?!

i payed 1400 new for the brake setup and i put a question mark as a rough guess, recon there worth over 800 IMO as they havent done many miles!

i sold a shell for 2200 before and only thing was missing was the engine, kinda how i picture this shell but with decent wheels, possibly the plate

ive had to emails offering me £6k and £6.5k for the car complete, im willing to meet half way ish at £7k :( considering i payed £6k for this car standard i feel like i have my balls in a vice!!!! :blink:

It was a "I'll pm you if you want" offer, I thought I may get a response in the thread or via pm if you wanted me to do it, I didn't want to go imposing my opinion on you if you didn't want it as some people may not want to hear what I have to say.

I'll send the pm now anyway,

mate thats a cracking pic of ur car btw :)

and a offer of 6.5k i recon they can squeeze a extra 500 quid! i can clear debts with 7k no less!

As you are not willing to break the car yourself I would take that offer and run, its a lot of money for a car thats in bits and dont work imo.

i dont get it?

the parts on that car were not great and have been replaced! think the only thing i used from that car was the exhaust, manifold, fuel system, and block!

What do you have to offer over that car? A decent ECU.

You probably dont want to hear this but the fuel system is junk, its still on xs power parts and the engine is in bits with condition not known, you said yourself the BL gearbox was run dry which would also be a big worry to me.

ecu, the box wasnt run dry, we found a leak but that was the first day we picked it up! done 3000 miles since and never skipped a beat!

the egine is not in bits just the crank pully, cam belt and aux tensioner removed! turbo and rad is off too!

there is plenty to offer on this car as well as the shell/inerior/gauges it self

only xs power parts are manifold and down pipe, o and fmic.

has hks cams, a built block with wiseco pistons

loads of other stuff for single

What do you have to offer over that car? A decent ECU.

You probably dont want to hear this but the fuel system is junk, its still on xs power parts and the engine is in bits with condition not known, you said yourself the BL gearbox was run dry which would also be a big worry to me.

tad harsh

tad harsh

Sorry but i think im being realistic, i know you are trying to flog it on but you are asking for advice on a public forum and i will give mine, best thing to do is break it imo, it was built by a load of monkeys with not the best parts and it has lots of problems you know about, just think how many are hidden.

I knew this car would be agro for you from day one when i read your first build thread, id hate to see the next memeber post up a thread saying he wish he never bought this car.

fair comment and opinion.

i guess i see it like geordie steves car, buing for use of bits and flogging the rest, just bought a howler and used little, there are a few more parts on here compared to that! and the internals were shot on his, on this one this isnt the case

Lee if you are going to break her mate, my advice would be do it in stages, the interior being the first to go. Next would be things like exhaust engine and so on. The last things you want to get rid of are the wheels and brakes unless you have other wheels to go on it, and seeing as you keep the car on the drive you need a hand brake to hold the car where it is. Like I have said to you if you need to break it I got no problem coming down to do it.

ive actually just had a offer from some one to take the car and either fix or strip, then give me the 8k and keep the profit from selling which im fine with

im waiting on one person to get back to me tomo on a 7k price, if not then i think i will take this offer

Have you actually found out what, if any damage has been done to the engine/internally?

That would be my first port of call before deciding what to do next.

Sorry to see the bodgers have made you have to make a decision either way!

what do you need to do to get this car back on the road fella ? think you need help with it rather than fly off the handle and want to break it, its a nice car just take your time everything will sort its self out in the end fella

with my situation i cant afford it running tbh, its been a bit of a blessing it being off the road!

well we took the sump off and checked for internal damage but thats as far as a internal check thats been made

This is no reflection on whoever is offering (i've no idea who it is)the pay £8K back after stripping but I would think very carefully about this.......i momentarily thought the same but what if the car got stolen or something when away from you? I would hate to see a bad situation get even worse.........

This is no reflection on whoever is offering (i've no idea who it is)the pay £8K back after stripping but I would think very carefully about this.......i momentarily thought the same but what if the car got stolen or something when away from you? I would hate to see a bad situation get even worse.........

My thoughts exactly, lots of trust needed for that one.

Hopefully the guy offering 7k will come good for you.

Feck me, if the timing was different I would have had this for 7K.

I'd have a single and the rest would be in bits making me half my money back.

Really gutted for you mate, I know it's no consolation but you are a complete mad man not to get this sorted and punted on piston heads.