The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sponsor

Guest Suprastar2009

Guest Suprastar2009

Thanks, I had the yaris when I was 17 hence the childish sticker :) If you have a look at the pic of the back you can see the Khan 18's as I said it was just out of the bodyshop I was gonna put the fronts back on that night :(. It was unique at the time because no one had modified a yaris the kit was a new release from eihber design. I had the boot smoothed along with the front grill and front bonnet badge, behind the mesh on eitherside of the rear bumper is 1 3" exhaust (was going for a subtler look) inside had front tv/dvd with ps2 (now im showing my age lol) twin reacro recliners and 2x12" pheoni gold boot build :) I also have a civic ive built hold on ill find some pics ......

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think your on the wrong forum for that TBH, that kind of thing is more max power, Fast car related.

Most of the time to get a magazine feature you need to get noticed, some people will send pics in of their car and ask. Others like JamieP get asked to be in the magazine as they have attracted interest.

You keep going on about your build, but to start with you have one of the most undesirable models of a supra. N/A Autos dont scream magazine feature so either your going for some crazy look or ice install or something which like I said is not really the style of the traders on here.

You would be better contacting people who offer cosmetic upgrades and such.

Guest Suprastar2009
I think your on the wrong forum for that TBH, that kind of thing is more max power, Fast car related.

Most of the time to get a magazine feature you need to get noticed, some people will send pics in of their car and ask. Others like JamieP get asked to be in the magazine as they have attracted interest.

You keep going on about your build, but to start with you have one of the most undesirable models of a supra. N/A Autos dont scream magazine feature so either your going for some crazy look or ice install or something which like I said is not really the style of the traders on here.

You would be better contacting people who offer cosmetic upgrades and such.

Nope no crazy look or lairy ice install thankyou :p, I wont buy your undesirable argument as ive seen some very undesirable cars in magazines and at shows it just the most undesirable to a more desirable supra owner :) (in your opinion), and I thought this was a supra forum i'm not sure why youre sending me to another forum am i not welcome? :(

This thread alone has generated 685 views and 52 replies since yesterday evening id say thats quite alot of interest so far wouldn't you :D lol, im only joking all in good nature you understand :)

Your asking for sponsorship on the wrong forum, it is not going to happen here. Also your not really listening to experienced members.

I think your living on a different planet and for that reason....... Im out! Goodnight. :)

I quite fancy a single turbo'd Supe and I guess I would be prepared to take it to a few shows...put some stickers on it...phone up a

few car mags...get some young pretty things to sit and stand around my car for a bit etc.

If anyone one on here would help me realise that dream, give me a PM.

Sorry for the hijack, but I too don't really want to spend my own money, if I can help it.

I see Lee is online and Ed, so that's the conversion and the ladies sorted, excellent.

Guest Suprastar2009
Your asking for sponsorship on the wrong forum, it is not going to happen here. Also your not really listening to experienced members.

I think your living on a different planet and for that reason....... Im out! Goodnight. :)

Goodnight, I'm only having a bit of banter on the thread to keep it running maybe you should come to my planet it seems to be a little more relaxed, I am truly greatful for all the advice and it has been taken on bored, sleep tight dont let the bed bugs bite. :D

Goodnight, I'm only having a bit of banter on the thread to keep it running maybe you should come to my planet it seems to be a little more relaxed, I am truly greatful for all the advice and it has been taken on bored, sleep tight dont let the bed bugs bite. :D

Sorry maybe you didnt get the Dragons Den joke, oh well :search:

Why didn't I think of getting other people to build and pay for my car to be done instead of spending 10k on the build how silly of me.

Like Lee says your dream car isn't going to happen here, yes your welcome but what your asking isn't.

You should look at the latest copy of Jap Performance mag ant look at the Supra on the front cover. It's a members on here and that's the sort of spec you need to get noticed for a feature.

Guest Suprastar2009
:rlol:

Somehow I don't buy the fact that a gold, bodykitted Yaris with a BTCC spoiler and some big wheels was going for the subtle look:d

:D Lol the innocence of youth I was worried big exhausts would look to lairy at the time, I look back and clearly I had nnothing to worry about :D

Guest Suprastar2009
Why didn't I think of getting other people to build and pay for my car to be done instead of spending 10k on the build how silly of me.

Like Lee says your dream car isn't going to happen here, yes your welcome but what your asking isn't.

You should look at the latest copy of Jap Performance mag ant look at the Supra on the front cover. It's a members on here and that's the sort of spec you need to get noticed for a feature.

It seems ive rubbed some people up the wrong way with this thread "what your asking isn't", for those of you who I have I apologise.

Im asking for advice on getting to an end goal, I know the car needs a lot of work I know theres alot more that I need to do to get it sponsored. I was asking for constructive advice on contacts ways to go about it, suggestions on what to look out for and yes constructive criticism on my approach,.

Ive not had the privelage of having a show car or a sponsor before so yes, I may be a little naive so I came to the place I come, when I have questions about the Supra.

So please no more your not welcomes, I am quite a happy go lucky person but if you dont like what i'm doing then dont get involved if you like what im doing but think im going completely the wrong way about it then come on in take a seat ::rolleyes:

Didn't you see the 'yes your welcome' and not you havnt wound me up with this thread I find it quite funny really.

I just don't think you are going to get a sponsor from here.

Why don't you get a better well paid job and get it done yourself. I can't see what else you want people to say other than save up.

Ok let's get serious for a minute.

If you want these places to provide you parts, what you need to do is ring them up and tell them what you are doing, they will then decide to give you a discount off the product (a demo discount). It won't be a give away like you expect but they will do something for you, at the end of the day they want to sell parts and make money.

If you can't do the work yourself you then need to find a company that is just starting out and doesn't have a name for it's self yet.

Tell them what your doing and that you will promote their business and tell eveyone what a fantastic job they have done. They will then decide if 'your build' will give them the publicity and attention they want and do the work at a discounted price.

I am HKS dealer, if I said to them I want to build a car to take to the drag strip, run some quick times and take to shows. They would give me stock at a demo or discounted price. That's basically how it works. :)

Suprastar your being delusional..! Your big plan is just not feasible. These guys have been really nice by taking their time to spell it out to you.

The only advice I can give you that will help you build your dream car is, 'make more money'..! you can do this by getting a better job, starting a business, have a second income'.

Sure it might not cost 60k but if you were to start from scratch with ''new up to date parts'' you will need 30 to 40k on top of the cost of the car. Then you have the additional cost of accommodation, food, fuel, expensive vale ting products, up keep of the car to go to all these shows.

And you are planning to start University..! dream on dude...!

Still, very entertaining thread..! lol

why buy a car that you know is gonna cost fortunes to get to the place you want it to be knowing full well you are never goping to have the cash to do it in the first place.....at best id say theres about 10-20 people in the entire club that have the disposable income without getting loans to be able to get what everyone would call a super show car standard

for the rest of us its all about making the best of what you have got and every now and again bagging a bargain in the for sales that make your car unique to you and you are not doing yourself any favours currently endearing yourself to the club as a whole

what makes your car so special as to warrent it being sponsored you need to get an angle and work on that but as it currently stands you are no diffrent to any other owner on here at the moment

Just a thought, why not put the money you would spend traveling around the country going to shows/meets into the car instead. Spend the time saving up and getting the car as you want, then show it off at the shows.

why buy a car that you know is gonna cost fortunes to get to the place you want it to be knowing full well you are never goping to have the cash to do it in the first place.....at best id say theres about 10-20 people in the entire club that have the disposable income without getting loans to be able to get what everyone would call a super show car standard

for the rest of us its all about making the best of what you have got and every now and again bagging a bargain in the for sales that make your car unique to you and you are not doing yourself any favours currently endearing yourself to the club as a whole

what makes your car so special as to warrent it being sponsored you need to get an angle and work on that but as it currently stands you are no diffrent to any other owner on here at the moment

Top post.

My car should have ended with my stock UK TT. However, i needed the money for my company to buy plant. Ok i could have loaned the money and kept the car but it just didnt make sence.

So i found my castrol aero top for a mere 1400. I have then spent the best part of a year buying parts from here and ebay as an when my cash allows, meeting colin was a god send as he would help me. The car is now looking how i want it to, the next step is power. This is hard due to the fact i cant do this on my own and i cant source it bit by bit.

Will i ever be able to put a TT lump in? I doubt it family, house, company all come before it. I dont think i feel at all right to if someone was to offer to do it or help for free.

OK you want advice. You are seeking sponsorship. Lets use my car as an example. I think it is pretty special, others may not, I have shown a financial commitment to developing it and am willing to spend more. So I want to look for a sponsor, I may not be seen a too high a risk, there is a reasonable platform on which to build.

Now lets look at market potential. The Supra is an old car, Toyota are reducing its parts base, the big Japanese tuning houses have sold or are selling their famous flagship Supra’s. The Top UK Supras don’t sell here, the big money comes in from the continent. The market is flooded with cheap old Supras. That does not look like an investors dream market.

What could I do that would make my old car stand out, that has not been done before? So lets looks back over 15 years, honestly not much, it’s been done to death. So what am I offering that could give any sponsor the advertising they wish to see from their investment. May be some cars shows, may be some big power events, what sort of coverage might the car achieve beyond forum banter, and school boy admiration, possibly coverage in limited number of magazines, no TV no radio. From here on, I can see my sponsorship dream being free stickers.

I think we would all like someone else to pay for our dream car, but in reality for 99.99% of car owners who dream of such things, the only way is the hard way, earn it. You picked the wrong car, in the wrong decade and in the wrong economic climate. With what is likely to happen in the future political and economic arena, many of those who currently aspire to dream car ownership, are going to have very little disposable income, if any to spend on modifying cars, so the companies that you many appeal to for sponsorship, will be looking very hard for ways to save their businesses.

Now ask yourself what makes you different from so many others who do the same, and to be brutally honest, much better. I doubt you would get sponsorship if you gave sponsors a 90% stake in the car and said you would do the work. Unfortunately dreams remain dreams until there is a reality that supports them.

Not having a go at you, just telling it the way I see it for any amateur sponsorship. If you manage to pull off your dreams good luck to you.

I'm spying more wee than cornflakes now.

I reckon if you were very lucky and spent a lot of money getting a car built at a reputable garage with a lot of documented work you could possibly get a discount on the labour at that garage for having a few stickers on show, going to shows and recommending them etc. That is at an absolute stretch and in my opinion without going down the TB route, or something else really special (SC already done so that's out) then I reckon you are up Jimmy White creak without a paddle.

And to think I'm 3rd in line to have no paddle, it is a little depressing :(