Sponsor

Guest Suprastar2009

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dam Dan mate, the legendary golden yaris!!! even my dad remembers seeing that driving around these parts!!

good luck with the build, u no if i can help all you gotta do is give me a shout mate...

also why not Fensport? they're only down the road from my gaff :)

Guest Suprastar2009

Hello mate, yeh it was a sad day the day the yaris died, that car was very well known, but hey ho now to carry on the spirit in the supra :D Have you got a number or e-mail for fensport dude?

Guest Suprastar2009
You are going to need more than just good luck.

Yes I have my friends determination and perseverance helping me out, seriously some of you people are full of negativity :D anythings possibble, the difference between success and failure, is getting back up one more time than the next man.

Yes I have my friends determination and perseverance helping me out, seriously some of you people are full of negativity :D anythings possibble, the difference between success and failure, is getting back up one more time than the next man.

Appreciated, but equally I've personally helped out a few people with sponsorship deals in the past. In fact, I've helped someone out this very month.

Unless you have a very specific plan of action, including honest and clear justification to each company about why they should give you products to use on your car, then frankly you're pissing in the wind.

The Supra showcar scene is full of people trying to get anything for nothing, so the car really does have to stand out.

Sorry my first response sounded negative, but at the time I couldn't be arsed to type all this out. Long day ;)

Guest Suprastar2009

Ok thanks thats good advice, I have all the ideas in my head at the moment I've got plans for something quite different but dont want to give away all my ideas ;) I will put together a plan of action for the car for when approaching potential sponsors. Thanks again Dan

I believe that most ppl that are sponsored have already built amazing show cars out of their own pocket and attended a lot of shows there for have gained credability..!

Most of the time these guy don't really need sponsors but having one it motivates them to start another project.

Put yourself in the position of a trader, pretend it's your business, you're trying to balance the books/make a profit/build the business and someone is asking you for free parts? Ask yourself of what benefit is it to my business? How am I going to make any money out of giving away free parts?

These people are running a business, unless they are guaranteed to get back out of the deal more than they put in, then it is of no benefit to their business.

Guest Suprastar2009
Put yourself in the position of a trader, pretend it's your business, you're trying to balance the books/make a profit/build the business and someone is asking you for free parts? Ask yourself of what benefit is it to my business? How am I going to make any money out of giving away free parts?

These people are running a business, unless they are guaranteed to get back out of the deal more than they put in, then it is of no benefit to their business.

Thankyou for the advice I do have a good understanding of business thankyou, and I appreciate what your saying, however if you read the full thread you will see, my offering is the advertising/marketing/publicising call it what you will of the car and the respective sponsors.

I have some new ideas, not just with the car itself but new ideas for publicising the performance japenese genre and its ancilleries. (excuse me for not disclosing them all on here) I am extremely passionate about the build if I dont get a sponsor I'll achieve what I set out to do it'll just take a longer time :D.

Thankyou for the advice I do have a good understanding of business thankyou, and I appreciate what your saying, however if you read the full thread you will see, my offering is the advertising/marketing/publicising call it what you will of the car and the respective sponsors.

I have some new ideas, not just with the car itself but new ideas for publicising the performance japenese genre and its ancilleries. (excuse me for not disclosing them all on here) I am extremely passionate about the build if I dont get a sponsor I'll achieve what I set out to do it'll just take a longer time :D.

I did read the whole thread, I'm an ex-trader on here and was trying to point you in the right direction. You say you have ideas, that's great, but without anything tangible, the only impression I get from the thread is that you want to modify your car with someone else's wallet.

As I say, put yourself in the position of a business you are wanting sponsorship from and put together a full proposal that they can't say no to. There's a whole internet of suppliers and tuners out there that can be found using Google, do your research, put together your ideas and contact them.

Guest Suprastar2009
I did read the whole thread, I'm an ex-trader on here and was trying to point you in the right direction. You say you have ideas, that's great, but without anything tangible, the only impression I get from the thread is that you want to modify your car with someone else's wallet.

As I say, put yourself in the position of a business you are wanting sponsorship from and put together a full proposal that they can't say no to. There's a whole internet of suppliers and tuners out there that can be found using Google, do your research, put together your ideas and contact them.

Cheers mate I do really appreciate the advice sorry my first reply does read a bit hostile, apologies it wasnt meant to, I will put together a solid action plan I'm currently putting a draft down as I type this.

Im especially trying to avoid people thinking, that I want to modify my car with someone elses wallet,it is more than that to me I do require sponsorship to realise my visions yes but esentially I want to collaborate and share the experience with someone who can share and benifit from my vision but now youve highlighted it I can see why people would think that. [OOPS][/OOPS]

In terms of costs e.t.c I think the build will be relatively cheap, I think someone mentioned having to spend £60000 on there supra to get it were it is while I know spending this amount is admirable and would surely make for a stunning car, I beleive that the secret is not the amount you spend on the car, but the way in which you spend it, after all what makes show cars stand out is there uniqueness.

I also have another idea for a bumper installment sysytem which allows for quick interchange of front bumper styles for those who like a change, but that stories for another thread :D

I'll be honest & hope you don't take it in a bad light...

If I was to own a business which was to promote a product I'd have one look at the sticker on the back of the Yaris & think that car would bring the wrong sort of pubilicity to my company. I don't see how that Yaris is award winning as it looks like it has a bodykit fitted with stock wheels. If you are using the Yaris as a base for what you can provide to the new sponsor then as Gaz mentioned, you are £issing in the wind.

If I was in your situtation I'd build a car that people would like then go for sponsorship as then you have a base, almost like a CV. They don't know you or anything but the showing them the car will be showing what your potential is. If you were to take a dump of a car & then told the sponsors you plan on getting 30 sponsorships, they won't be interested as it would be like a dot in the sea of names on the car.

Good luck with what you do & don't take my advice to heart, I am only being honest :)