The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2010 Weekender - Discussion thread

Branners

Pod have no more weekend dates available until November, and I think thats pushing our luck more than an August date.

So we either go for the Shakespear date or try and fit in to a RWYB at Pod in say September. Pod will give us our own space for the event but I know it wont be the same.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My experience of RWYB is lots of queues and a number of idiots.

Shakespeare County Raceway is a smidgeon close to me which I like! :D

Been there once 4 years or so ago, a bit more basic than Pod but plenty of room and a drag strip is all we really need?

Aaaaand that's me just home from my weekend of suprapod! Massive massive thanks to Keith (kslb) and Eve for letting me drop the car off at theirs and then giving me a lift home, that's ANOTHER favour I owe you guys! Not sure how the heck I would of got the car off the trailer without your help. :thumbs:

I did chuckle a bit when I heard the recovery driver tell his boss on the phone that it was a 'race car' he had just picked up... Lol

Glad you finally got back ok Marc, think it was you following us from the Ibis to Rockingham until the Morrison's truck got in the way!

Was a great weekend despite the weather on Saturday. Well done to the mods and all involved organising it. Sorry for Lui and the mess up with the convoy from the Ibis after all his hard work planning it. I have got some phone footage of around 6 Supras doing laps of the Tesco roundabout blocking all the traffic in all directions until Tom came to the rescue and led us all out. Not read anything about Rockingham so far, is there another thread for this I have missed? I thought it was a great day out and a nice venue despite the lack of a strip. If only the weather had been like Sunday at the pod. Shakespear sounds like a good option if Pod isnt available. November is a bit hit and miss, could be a nice cold crisp day or it could be like Saturday but colder.

Edited by Shane (see edit history)

Did those drifters fix their car?

hey-

I was one of the fools which smashed up there skid car
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif

before the off
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif

i managed to driver her the 160miles home :blink:

wasn't crabbing honestly :innocent:

so in true "Driftworks" style... on the Sunday we pulled my car back "straight" :eyebrows:

car now looks like new :p

just need some side skirts to cover the rest up.

oh... just to add... this car is my daily :D

thanks again for inviting us along- it was a real pleasure.

top videos and pics from you guys.

shame it was a wash out :(

if anyone has any videos of my car they could possible post of youtube and send me the link it would much appreciated as that will be the last time she looks mint :(

Edited by clive (see edit history)

Wish I'd picked the hotel option now :( I'll let you know my burgers and sausages were cooked just fine on the BBQ :p (just before the storm came across thank god) So much for the 20+ people that opted for camping.

Never did get your name mate while we were roughing it hardcore. We also camped over in the massive thunder storms, the kids loved it. Only grumble was the mud pancakes on the bottom of my trainers after putting up the tent. We had a good laugh with the mini lot at the beer tent, bit of music and a show aswell. Thanks for Mcdonalds kindly donating their disabled toilets for 20 mins on Sunday morning to get me and the boy washed and sorted for Japfest. Roll on next year...

hey-
I was one of the fools which smashed up there skid car
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif

Your drifting was really entertaining; even before the smash! Glad you made it back OK and I'm sure you can get her back in shape :)

Some impressive skills there - a real pleasure to watch you guys going round and round and round... sideways too! :cool:

Nice work on the scarring Clive, think the car looked nicer before though (one of the tastiest S14s I've seen, and it looks pretty stock!). You've done a good job of putting me off wanting to drift the Supra and wanting something a bit cheaper and tattier to destroy - not selling yours are you? :D (Just kidding mate, and good luck with your other project ;)).

Your drifting was really entertaining; even before the smash! Glad you made it back OK and I'm sure you can get her back in shape :)

Some impressive skills there - a real pleasure to watch you guys going round and round and round... sideways too! :cool:

Nice work on the scarring Clive, think the car looked nicer before though (one of the tastiest S14s I've seen, and it looks pretty stock!). You've done a good job of putting me off wanting to drift the Supra and wanting something a bit cheaper and tattier to destroy - not selling yours are you? :D (Just kidding mate, and good luck with your other project ;)).

thanks guys :thanks:

:D

stock s14 is the best.

mine is/was just a stock uk s14, set of coilovers, alignment arms, wheels, rear lights smoked, de-spoiled JDM genuine nissan zenki skirts, rear bumper and grill.

i would never sell mine... i would want too much $$$ for it as i know what its worth if i broke it for parts! lol

was really good to see some of you out having a play and having fun- which is what its all about :)

Edited by clive (see edit history)

yeah, good event guys, cheers for inviting us along, shame about the rain but i skidded all day on one set of tyres then drove home on the same set :D still got more tread on them than my road wheels lol

stock s14 is the best.

mine is/was just a stock uk s14, set of coilovers, alignment arms, wheels, rear lights smoked, de-spoiled JDM genuine nissan zenki skirts, rear bumper and grill.

you forgot the 4 foot gearknob clivestyler

and yeah if anyone had vids please upload them!

The only dates Pod had available were in November, and I couldnt face everybodys' disappointment if I organised another event and that got rained off too.

I'm sort of keeping a beady eye on your Shakespear Raceway event in case we try and pile in to that one instead. But the weather in October is random so again its a risk.

Pod did say if we find a RWYB on their calendar they will give us our own area to use, but the queues may be quite large as Pod RWYB is popular now.