The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JM-Imports 850BHP Jun 4.0 Stroker R35 GTR Project + Greddy TD06-20G Twin Turbos

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

Hats off to you Jurgen, takes a brave man to step into the unknown. I'm glad you've finally settled on a direction. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one done. :)

you could say that but did you know that jun helped design the VR38 ;) (that swung it for me too as they have inside knowledge of the block) and the greddy kit is a proven 9 sec QM..

i was not keen on having a modded car on stock internals..

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could say that but did you know that jun helped design the VR38 ;)

Really? I didn't know that. I'm surprised the engine isn't more stout if they took an advisory role in the development of the engine. Have you got any more info on this mate?

Really? I didn't know that. I'm supprissed the engine isn't more stout if they took an advisory role in the development of the engine. Have you got any more info on this mate?

the man himself said it, i guess its stout enough for the 480bhp its pushing as stock but its all down to nissan budgets i guess to keep it for that power with out making it stronger.. and he said they know how to improve it for more power and prolong reliability.

Best of luck with the build Jurgen, I'm sure it'll be an absolute cracker when it's done :)

lets hope so, he is a brave man.

I wouldn't be plummeting all that money in an engine who's design seems to be perceived as being flawed.

thats kind of obvious.... :p I meant what actually happened? fault? too many mods?

Seem to be issues with the standard engine in Europe, US and Nissan have started recalling them under warranty - hence my comment of poor design.

In regards to his car, it was modded on top of that - whether that was a contributing factor or not, who knows.....

Very tasty block m8 - it seemed from the outset these needed liners for serious power.

Why go TD06-20G though? Those turbos have been around for years and are old tech - you'd get better response and same / more power out of some modern BB Garretts. GT3071R's?