The mkiv Supra Owners Club

functional spoiler?

dr_jekyll

i dont really like any spoilers, but if it would improve my high speed stability i might have to go for function over looks

Might be worth checking your brakes as Christian mentioned, an double checking the Geo.

• 7 months later...

just digging this back up, over the few weeks i have had the geo re done , then redone again to bignum's spec, (big thanks for that) and the car is handleing verry well. mid - high speed corners are great , and brakeing is verry good .

now this might just be me being verry fussy but at high speed small sharp direction changes still seem to unsettle the car, now i know changes at speed will unsettle any car but this is a little more than id like.

do the huge ugly GT wings make an improvement to stability ? i knoticed paul wiffin and steve linton run these huge ugly wings and i dont think these put them on for the look and they clearly know how to set up a fast track car.

I've experienced this braking problem in various Supras with the wing removed, and I had the geo done on my Supras many times. It's definately because of the spoiler. My single had a great huge GT wing on it (now fitted to RyanGs track car) As he will testify, it makes an enormous difference to braking stability and high speed direction changes.

I've experienced this braking problem in various Supras with the wing removed, and I had the geo done on my Supras many times. It's definately because of the spoiler. My single had a great huge GT wing on it (now fitted to RyanGs track car) As he will testify, it makes an enormous difference to braking stability and high speed direction changes.

yea i think i have known all alonge in the back of my mind it was due to the lack of wing , but my deep seated hate for spoilers has put me in denile, ah well looks like ill just have to swallow it and get the ugly wing on in my quest for performance :(

yea i think i have known all alonge in the back of my mind it was due to the lack of wing , but my deep seated hate for spoilers has put me in denile, ah well looks like ill just have to swallow it and get the ugly wing on in my quest for performance :(

I hate getting stuck in Egyptian rivers. :D