The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will a B.O.V work on an n/a???

Supra2Man

You would be smart to buy something like a Power intake or HKS mushroom and call it good on the induction side. I think (??) that ARC makes a box but they are quite rare from what I understand. I chose to invest more in the looks of my N/A more than engine because I didn't have the change for a turbo at the time. I am completely happy with it, I'll take a sexy N/A over a shoddy looking TT any day. Maybe I am just too aesthetic lol (TT lovers flame away!! :p)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You would be smart to buy something like a Power intake or HKS mushroom

Or just leave the intake alone as its much more efficient than any shoddy induction kit.

Just get a higher flow drop in filter and call it a day!

Or just leave the intake alone as its much more efficient than any shoddy induction kit.

Just get a higher flow drop in filter and call it a day!

Of course leaving it stock is the better option, I was just giving him options since his aim seems to be for a visual/auditory induction change :p

Edited by Cerikbok (see edit history)

Nope, just saw one on an n/a, though it was modefied through the roof! Just wanted to see if it was something to consider as I'm looking to upgrade the intake system of the car???

Without spending huge amounts of money rebuilding the engine there is not a lot of extra power you can get out of the NA 2JZ-GE. Exhaust, decat pipe and tubular exhaust manifold can gain around 10-15hp. I wouldn't change anything on the intake side except perhaps to fit a TRD panel filter in the stock airbox.

A full service, fluids, plugs, distributor cap, rotor arm, plug leads and new oxygen sensors will ensure you're getting the best out of the engine, plus should help with the mpg's.

The handling and braking would be the areas I would then look at improving.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8473/p1030161sa4.jpg

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Nice, real subtle guys. I'm new to this!

No your DEADLY:D anyhow it feeds the people on here that like to take the pi$$ and to be honest it was a classic. I bet m_Life was howling when he read it:D

double face palm folks (not even enough here)

best to keep the upgarded panel filter in the factpry airbox. it will also sheild against heat from the engine. ideally you could find an even better way of channelling some cool air straight to the front of the airbox.

I can sell him a Huskeys beer fridge to mount nearby and maybe channel some cool beer chilling air striaght to the air box:D

Scotty 71, that was pretty funny! I ve seen an after Market intake plenum thread on here for the n/a which apparently does increase power and relatively well priced?? Anyone else seen this...

barneybrendan (Supercharger thread) has an after market intake plenum i think. Wasent as easy as just bolting it on though and not a massive amount of gain

I ve seen an after Market intake plenum thread on here for the n/a which apparently does increase power and relatively well priced?? Anyone else seen this...

This one?

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=211689

Only reason to fit one of those would be if doing a turbo conversion, you would most likely lose power and torque on an NA.

Have a read of Digsy's explanation on that thread, he designs these sort of things for a living and knows what he's talking about.