The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is the ideal event for you and your Supra?

Gaz6002

Pick your favourite event  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favourite event

• 1/4 mile drag racing
    • Standing mile
    • Track day
    • Drift day
    • Epic drive
    • Car show

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did very much enjoy the standing mile event and wont rest till i do a 200mph mile now.

I want to get my Camera in for that! I enjoyed getting the videos at the event more than driving it (probably something to do with my distance from 200mph :D).

sounds good! The supraball?! :D

Instead of meeting at one place for an event, why not go on a weekend's cruise around the country and having the different regions meeting up on the way and maybe staying in some cheap hotels and taking in some decent scenery on the way?

You can join and leave the convoy as and when you want to. :)

Edited by AndrewOW (see edit history)

I like most of them, i was keen on 1/4mile till i got into the 10's, not to bothered about them now.

I did very much enjoy the standing mile event and wont rest till i do a 200mph mile now.

Always enjoy a good drive out/convoy with friends.

Trackdays dont interest me much but do enjoy Llandow as its a good club event and marshals there are not to strict.

How fast did you go btw? :)

Instead of meeting at one place for an event, why not go on a weekend's cruise around the country and having the different regions meeting up on the way and maybe staying in some cheap hotels and taking in some decent scenery on the way?

You can join and leave the convoy as and when you want too. :)

that would be great follow the coast around the whole country and each member join as we get to their area then drop out once back.That could be a convoy going on for a fiew days in all.

IMO: Track days are great, but can be very expensive what with tyre's, brakes, fuel, etc on top of entry fees. Plus noise restrictions make most track unviable for us as a club

1/4 mile is also a laugh, but again it's frustrating trying to improve times without spending ads of cash. I guess once you've done it a few times and can't afford more mods (or don't wish too) the novelty wears off.

I'd be up for something new to us as a club and an area where the Supra really shines - VMAX day :)

I'd be up for something new to us as a club and an area where the Supra really shines - VMAX day :)

Few of the clubs high powered Supras must be able to do mad speeds at that event, 1.6 mile straight that you start with a rolling start of id guess 60mph from a fast bend.

Id be confident of hitting rev limiter in 6th there.

think a track day would be good if we could rent out a track!

We do - this will be the thrd year! :p

Few of the clubs high powered Supras must be able to do mad speeds at that event, 1.6 mile straight that you start with a rolling start of id guess 60mph from a fast bend.

Id be confident of hitting rev limiter in 6th there.

I too want to hit 200mph. Sounds like VMax might be the event to make it happen (if yours is boarderline then mine wouldn't do it in a standing mile), but I'd want a cage fitting first, just in case. :eek:

30 to 130 would be ok, mlr do a lot of this type event.

i was being considerate to the NAs :D

but yea ive seen a lot of events like this before! would be a little more fun IMO as launch ect isnt such a issue just down to getting the power going and us auto boys showing u manual tarts how its done :D

A 30-130 type event would need GPS timing equipement fitted to the car before each run, it's much more complex and would make the day slow and people wouldn't get much chance to run.

An open VMAX or standing mile type run would be far simpler as it only requires a start/stop timing (or in a VMAX, just a final speed measure). I.e. nothing needs to be fitted to the car.

I prefer the 1 mile drag from a standing start. It takes a fair bit of power to get to silly speeds in 1 mile from a standing start and those who have that power have also invested in brakes that will stop them, suspension that will absorb the bumps and tyres that are rated to that speed.

From a rolling start a BPU car can hit 185mph+, any Supra can be at BPU without any supporting suspension or braking mods and I would not want somebody literally killing themselves trying to beat 185mph.

So I wont be organising a rolling start kind of day.

Standing mile is the way to go and that way it is also comparable to the rest of the world (texas mile etc.). It's also a really nice feeling driving your car at wot that long and even nicer if the 2jz doesn't explode. :D

60-130mph race isn't a bad idea either. They have been doing this in the USA for some time now using the Vbox for timing. If I remember correctly the record is under 4 seconds for a supra. :eyebrows:

JamieP: nice job on the 190mph standing mile run btw. ;)