The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is the ideal event for you and your Supra?

Gaz6002

Pick your favourite event  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favourite event

• 1/4 mile drag racing
    • Standing mile
    • Track day
    • Drift day
    • Epic drive
    • Car show

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting little vote.

Trackdays are great, pushing the car to and over the limits.

On a track such as the nurburgring the Supra is really good fun.

But...a track day is not racing...so this takes away the need to have competative knowledge and the edge, and the precision and pressure to do things right on every aspect of the lap. And I have been fortunate enough to have done an amount of racing to want this thrill every time I go onto the track. So holding back on trackdays takes away some of the fun for me.

So for this reason I picked 'epic drive'...because the Supra is a great GT car that covers long distances with ease and comfort.

If any of you have been on a drive through Europe you will soon know what I am talking about. As soon as you get out of the UK and you are are not hindered by conjestion and stupid roadworks every 2kms, then driving is a real pleasure. No stress. Great scenery. Better lane discipline. etc etc.

The Supra is a very relaxing stress free car to drive long distance...but you always know you have some good power and acceleration to use when you want it.

And when the roads get twisty you also know that such a car can handle them with ease.

One of my favourite drives was from Rotterdam to Passau (south Germany)...took me from 8am in the morning to 6pm at night. And felt like I could do the same thing again once I arrived at my destination!

:)