I'm going single turbo!!!

Jamesy

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - 542hp on his!! :cool:

will it help that he has cams and a .82Ar - my turbo has a .68Ar (whatever that means i dont no?!?!)

It was 542PS which is about 538hp at 1.3bar, that was with a GT35R AR.82 and in256/ex264 cams.

On stock cams with AR.68 exhaust housing you'll get better response at the expense of some top end power.

Lee asked about what we were taliking about re the Main Studs and that seems like bull$#@!, I'll have a chat when I come and pick up those seats.

Ok mate, I will have another chat with him as I probably got it all wrong and didn't explain it properly. :)

Welcome soon to the world of singles you will never look back & if fitted all good will put very big smile on your face everytime your out in your Sup :eyebrows:

cant wait mate!!!

Before you buy injectors, might be worth looking at a kit from these guys....

http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/index.html

Cost a bit more but you can futureproof for when/if you go bigger:D

Nice one appricate the link :)

It was 542PS which is about 538hp at 1.3bar, that was with a GT35R AR.82 and in256/ex264 cams.

On stock cams with AR.68 exhaust housing you'll get better response at the expense of some top end power.

Oh yeah, i didnt go for the cams, and didn't realise the AR was .68 - faster spool is good, would love top end power too but you cant have it all i guess!!!! :)

Oh yeah, i didnt go for the cams, and didn't realise the AR was .68 - faster spool is good, would love top end power too but you cant have it all i guess!!!! :)

It'll certainly be fast spooling! On mine even with the larger exhaust housing and longer duration cams you had to be quick with the up shifts so you wouldn't hit the rev limiter.

It'll certainly be fast spooling! On mine even with the larger exhaust housing and longer duration cams you had to be quick with the up shifts so you wouldn't hit the rev limiter.

yeah spool is important for me.

however i really would like to see 500+ hp when finished.

Yes you could buy a different exhaust housing.

will i have to alter any of the other bits i've got for it like the manifold, DP, wastegate etc, or can you literally just change the exhaust housing and not touch anything else?

is it a hard/expensive job to do?

Have you thought about the huge expense for 98 BHP gain over your current BPU Auto, I dont want to sound too negative but I have owned a few single turbo cars and the cost can be frightening and your gains are fairly small, you could up the boost to 1.2 bar on your BPU and save yourself a fortune

I managed to destroy my Auto box at 550 fly with an HKS oil cooler :)

Have you thought about the huge expense for 98 BHP gain over your current BPU Auto, I dont want to sound too negative but I have owned a few single turbo cars and the cost can be frightening and your gains are fairly small, you could up the boost to 1.2 bar on your BPU and save yourself a fortune

............ oh .......... :(

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

............ oh .......... :(

I feel bad now :D

It is a really big step to take and IMO of course should be a step taken with room to continue to grow the power, for example fitting a set of slightly larger injectors that the original power output wanted to cover power increases going forward, I say this because you will want more power after a while, its a bug :)

Your spec will always be restricted by the auto box and the older single turbo you are planning to use, I would perhaps start your planning all over again with a clear stratergy to get the best possible spec for your car

You will find better turbos now than the GT35 and you will find that your spec decisions are best talked through with your mapper before you buy anything, it is so so important to get the spec right from day one to ensure you have a reliable set up and a car that is still fun to drive every day

Jamesy LeeP would say something if he thought it wasn't a good way to go.

Just because someones car blew up doesn't mean your will. As lee said you will be around the 500fwhp.

Very true - i trust Lee 100% and i appricate everyones cars/performance/durability will vary from car to car...