The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm going single turbo!!!

Jamesy

Another thought in my single build almost finished thread there is a list of parts and the prices if u need a idea of what tings u might need actually cost!

Its things like gauges, cooling and brakes people forget!

I would advise a compression test of your engine before doing any thing

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on your budget as the BL box goes 2nd hand for 1500 then sometimes the person is selling the high stall with it if not its 500 from the states

A new BL box will set you back £1450 pluss freight and then as you said add £500 for a TC, mine is for sale @ £1200 with TC

Another thing I've learnt, if u choose the aem u can't change the standard gear change rev limit so there is no need to spend another 500 plus on a set of cams ;)
I assume you are refrering to the AEM piggy back and not the stand alone unit?

The gt35r will be fine for 550hp at the fly and great spool. It's too small for 550rwhp so no worry there. We won't be pushing it that hard anyway so will be expecting 500hp.

Don't forget it's the torque that kills the box not the power. The stock auto will be fine on the 35r with good cooling. :)

The gt35r will be fine for 550hp at the fly and great spool. It's too small for 550rwhp so no worry there. We won't be pushing it that hard anyway so will be expecting 500hp.

Don't forget it's the torque that kills the box not the power. The stock auto will be fine on the 35r with good cooling. :)

Good luck to both of you guys :) I am sure Jamsey will be well pleased and when the screamer pipe vents,....well what can I say man...its just stroke material that sound :)

Good news mate, you must be very pleased. I'm runnign a phr t61 on an auto box and love it. The car had its first outing yesterday in 6 months for an mot, which went well, just a couple of things to sort for peace of mind.

Mine was mapped by Ryan with an Emanage Ultimate, it made 465fwhp at 1.4 bar and 480lbs of torque. With upping the power above that it was the torque getting to around 500 that started making the box slip, so was left at that.

Hope all goes well for you mate, look forward to the progress :)

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

The Gt35R is a good turbo but its quite an old turbo design now and it wont hit 550bhp with stock cams unless you have the 1.06 exhaust housing or on another unnamed dyno!

How much are you paying for the turbo as you know you can get a BW 91/79 for like £650 brand new and this is a much better design and easier to repair if it ever goes wrong.

Ryan

Good news mate, you must be very pleased. I'm runnign a phr t61 on an auto box and love it. The car had its first outing yesterday in 6 months for an mot, which went well, just a couple of things to sort for peace of mind.

Mine was mapped by Ryan with an Emanage Ultimate, it made 465fwhp at 1.4 bar and 480lbs of torque. With upping the power above that it was the torque getting to around 500 that started making the box slip, so was left at that.

Time for you to get a BW turbo also :D

Another thought in my single build almost finished thread there is a list of parts and the prices if u need a idea of what tings u might need actually cost!

Its things like gauges, cooling and brakes people forget!

I would advise a compression test of your engine before doing any thing

thanx mate good advice ;)

Good choice James, you'll love the power delivery of the GT35R :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Thanks Lee - i would love somewhere between 500-550fwhp but am not so sure thats poss now from some responses?!?!

I will pop down and see you later dude ;)

Good luck to both of you guys :) I am sure Jamsey will be well pleased and when the screamer pipe vents,....well what can I say man...its just stroke material that sound :)

Not had a screamer pipe since my Skyline - thats the only reason i bought the kit fella :D

Fly mayb not wheels

Haven't heard of a standard auto box about 500 fly! That's why the BL box would be a consideration as you will be surprised how quickly you get used to power! Plus you don't have to treat the box like a girl lol ;)

Please update us with everything and alot of photos;)

will do mate!! :)

thanx mate - yeah cant bloody wait to get it all running now - to be honest there are soooo many turbo choices out there i am happy just to be advised from the people doing the work to steer me in the right direction lol :)