The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm going single turbo!!!

Jamesy

Very true - i trust Lee 100% and i appricate everyones cars/performance/durability will vary from car to car...

James, forgot to mention...I have the water lines for the turbo for you as well.I'll chuck that in with the rest, they already got all the right fittings and have the Goodridge heat sleevs on em' :)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to decide on the ecu route and injectors.

2 options i currently have are:

AEM FIC with 650 injectors

or

F-Con ecu with larger injectors

Standard autobox - AEM FIC ( Stock ecu still pulls back timing on changes keeping box safer)

BL autobox - Solaris or Fcon (as both of these dont pull back the timing on gearchanges so on a BL Box it can take it but on a standard box it will shit itself sooner than later)

Ryan

Standard autobox - AEM FIC ( Stock ecu still pulls back timing on changes keeping box safer)

BL autobox - Solaris or Fcon (as both of these dont pull back the timing on gearchanges so on a BL Box it can take it but on a standard box it will $#@! itself sooner than later)

Ryan

Would'nt the AEM FIC work great with a BL auto too m8?

BL autobox - Solaris or Fcon (as both of these dont pull back the timing on gearchanges so on a BL Box it can take it but on a standard box it will shit itself sooner than later)

Ryan

Ryan I really dont agree on the pulling timing making the box last longer, either way its semantics with that much increase in Torque its a case of when not if the box lets go, unless its driven sensibly in which case why bother with the single upgrade, we have F-Cons on auto singles with no problems at all and my old car ran round at 1.4 bar flat out with the trac removed thumping in to gear for ages, as soon as the single went on the box gave up and a BL box went in, these gearboxes are still inherently weak compared to some that could go in and reliably run 6-800 hp.

Don't forget it's the torque that kills the box not the power.

I'm glad someone brought it up, boxes are power rated for torque not HP.

BL autobox - Solaris or Fcon (as both of these dont pull back the timing on gearchanges so on a BL Box it can take it but on a standard box it will $#@! itself sooner than later)

Ryan

The BL box is far from indestructible, shift retard is just as important on a BL box as it is on a stock one. There is even a write up on the BL site suggesting that shift retard is used with their gearboxes.

Ryan

Hi Ryan, am hopful of getting the BL box now fingers crossed.....are you saying the AEM FIC wont work with that now though??

Also forget to add a Gt35R with 0.68 exhaust housing compressor surges over 1.3bar on stock cams :(

are you saying i'll need uprated cams?? would be nice to run at 1.4 bar if poss once mapped :search:

Hi Ryan, am hopful of getting the BL box now fingers crossed.....are you saying the AEM FIC wont work with that now though??

Dont let it get out of hand mate, very easy to chase numbers, if i was you id just start with your original plan, you can always go for more power later if you feel you need it.

Ryan is saying AEM fic with be fine, stick with that imo.

Dont let it get out of hand mate, very easy to chase numbers, if i was you id just start with your original plan, you can always go for more power later if you feel you need it.

Exactly, it's easy building a car for big numbers for a couple of miles. It's a whole different thing building a decent powered car that will last.

Exactly, it's easy building a car for big numbers for a couple of miles. It's a whole different thing building a decent powered car that will last.

cheers guys.

basically im after a daily driver, very responsive and ideally knocking on the door of 530-550fwhp.

i've always wanted the BL box, and just feel while one is available it may be a BAD idea not to take it - gaurenteed if/when i screw mine there will be bugger all for sale.

so...the AEM fic would still work with the BL box would it?

James, forgot to mention...I have the water lines for the turbo for you as well.I'll chuck that in with the rest, they already got all the right fittings and have the Goodridge heat sleevs on em' :)

superstar thanx so much mate!! :D

I want the supplier details if you can get these for £650 delivered with VAT!

Ive not seen them that cheap delivered.

They are about that (depending on exchange rate) from full race but you have delivery on top, $100-150 id guess.

just deciding if its worth me adding the HKS 264 cams to this.

Not really. I would suggest going with the original plans and working up from there.

Calm down a little and decide what you want, talk to Lee and Ryan, you have changed your mind on spec with each subsequent post.

Which manifold is it?

Not really. I would suggest going with the original plans and working up from there.

Calm down a little and decide what you want, talk to Lee and Ryan, you have changed your mind on spec with each subsequent post.

Which manifold is it?

i know man, sorry :( ... i think i was nervous about spending all this money and not even making 500hp and/or cooking my box!!

its the OBX manifold 321 Stainless steel.

i know man, sorry :(

Not heard of an OBX apart from the NA, what spec is it?

Dont be sorry, iv been there. From experience, plan it lots, buy it and fit it once. I changed my plans most days and ended up buying items many times over to suit different ideas.

Once my engine is built, ill go for a turbo kit and new Syvecs, job done, no messing.

Further to that, ill build the car for me, no chasing numbers, not too much listening to the crowd.

EDIT - just saw your edit. Im pretty sure 500hp on a single will feel a fair bit different to 500hp oem Twin.