Porsche Turbo owner looking to get a MKIV Supra

salihbjk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got one!!

it's 3.0 with GT47-88 :) need to de-tune a bit hahah

thinking of doing a 800hp capable GT4088 with more proper cams (I guess there are 290's on that, I will go with 272's), HKS ti carbon exhaust and proper pipings.. starting with 1.1 - 1.2 bar of boosts and stepping up when I get used to.. what do you guys think?

Depends what you want the car for, 290 cams and GT47-88 is going to make a nice top end power car( straight-liner) but suck on spool for anything else.

Depends what you want the car for, 290 cams and GT47-88 is going to make a nice top end power car( straight-liner) but suck on spool for anything else.

I've already driven the car with the current setup and it's not what I am looking for now. I will have the whole kit at home when I'm ready for it. For now I'm looking for a quick spool (3800-4000 rpm's), a drivable car. I think what I mentioned above is good for that. Any exhaust recommendations beside the HKS ti carbon? 3.5 inch should be enough for now.

What is it that you do Abz, one of my our close family friends is a partner of that firm...

I work in IT & look after the backend server aspect of the firm. Do you have a name for me as I know quite a few of the partners in the firm through projects & Pro Bono work.

Bloody hell man, you don't hang about! A very nice buy, love it!

What are your first thoughts on it?

got one!!

thinking of doing a 800hp capable GT4088 with more proper cams (I guess there are 290's on that, I will go with 272's), HKS ti carbon exhaust and proper pipings.. starting with 1.1 - 1.2 bar of boosts and stepping up when I get used to.. what do you guys think?

Salam Salih!

Wow that is one of the nicest looking subtle modded Supras I have seen. That is how you pull off a OEM+ Supra!

i would do a gt4088 search first

welcome to the club by the way, lovely car!

thanks mate. that's what I've been doing lately, but could not find many info about this exact turbo. I don't know the equivalances in the market, I guess HKS T04Z (hope I wrote right) is something close to it, but I've read somewhere that it's closer to GT42R.

Any suggestions?

got one!!

looks nice, any more pics / detailed specs.....