The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Porsche Turbo owner looking to get a MKIV Supra

salihbjk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The aumse turbo kit is good one.

The turbo is small but will give you about 530bhp.

My mate lee on here has just had that kit fitted and when i had a go i was surprised how low down the power came in and was smooth all the way up.

It would be enough for the start I guess. I am thinking to upgrade step by step once i get some used to the current setup, first 550 - then 650 - 750 - wherever it goes.

you can always make the Supra nice and stable with a heavy toe-in set up front and rear. (Tyre life will be compromised however).

But the back end is always going to be lively with high torque going through the rear wheels.

How helpful are those for this particular car at the 1000 rwhp levels?

and how stable a 1000 rwhp supra at higher speeds (200 - 250 + km/h) do you think?

The Supra will never be as stable as the 911, but I'd think the grin factor will win you over. Get some training driving RWD cars properly first though, Supras can bite quite hard if you don't know what you're doing.

that's why I would like to go step by step with Supra. I used some RWD cars before but any of them are nearly powerful as a supra.

Hi and welcome,

For the power levels you require you will need a standalone ECU, the Solaris unit is very good and has an excellent traction control package. The Race Logic Traction Control system was race and rally developed and is used on many MKIV's here. My car is quite powerful (Click sig link) and I use Race Logic TC, however, there is no way I would want to drive it on the roads you describe, OX carts or no. I know what an Evo and Gallardo can do, so given the conditions you have to contend with, you might be better sticking with your Porsche, for now.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

Hi and welcome,

For the power levels you require you will need a standalone ECU, the Solaris unit is very good and has an excellent traction control package. The Race Logic Traction Control system was race and rally developed and is used on many MKIV's here. My car is quite powerful (Click sig link) and I use Race Logic TC, however, there is no way I would want to drive it on the roads you describe, OX carts or no. I know what an Evo and Gallardo can do, so given the conditions you have to contend with, you might be better sticking with your Porsche, for now.

Thanks for the further explanation. You are correct about the roads, but there are some decent ones outta town which I am thinking to run the car at those power levels in the future.

Well if money is free and easy then either Aragosta or Nirtron, with the bottle's attached

For that BHP the yanks seem to go well with CCW 11" wide rear wheels and 295 or 315's on the back. You'll need a TRD LSD, and fresh wishbones if the car is getting older, and of course the right geometry.

Nearest guy who is expert to you and has run that power who I know off is Dimitri from Athens, a member on here. He can do a complete builf and tune/map for you tot he highest standards if your budget is good, a turn key 1000bhp car.

Well if money is free and easy then either Aragosta or Nirtron, with the bottle's attached

For that BHP the yanks seem to go well with CCW 11" wide rear wheels and 295 or 315's on the back. You'll need a TRD LSD, and fresh wishbones if the car is getting older, and of course the right geometry.

Nearest guy who is expert to you and has run that power who I know off is Dimitri from Athens, a member on here. He can do a complete builf and tune/map for you tot he highest standards if your budget is good, a turn key 1000bhp car.

Thanks a lot, these are great advices for a newb like me. I think I have some way to go before having a 1000bhp Supra, but that'd be a useful info for the future :)